Dec 06, 2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyLittle
Meanwhile in California, the rental vacancy rate is going down again... in other words, people are piling up trying to move here.

Texas can make believe all they want, but CA's got no shortage of people wanting to move here for work. Just look at the rental market in SF:
Using outdated articles to bolster your position? Not exactly surprising. Why don't you examine the real reason rental properties are hard to find.

California Foreclosure Rate Tops In Nation; San Leandro Family’s Struggle Typical

Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO (KCBS) – California had the highest foreclosure rate in the country in July, a stark reminder that people are still losing their homes in record numbers despite state and federal efforts to end the housing crisis.
Dec 06, 2012, 03:04 PM
Thread OP
Ca is unique in that the land mass people can live in is very small. In the North sector they are really pinched. Even during the hosing slump there was very little down turn. When a house goes on the market they give a base price. Then it ends up a bidding war because there is a shortage with no more land to build own and no new housing.
The Demograpics for San Jose are Asian - 67% and climbing. Hispanics -33% White 29% and falling. The political system is run by whites but it just a matter of time before change. The demograpics in the school system give a good idea what it will be in the work place 10 years from now. Most of the remaining whites are old and dying off. We were just there and went shopping with our daughter in law which by the way is Eurasian. At Cosco I counted only two blondes the whole time we were there. It was packed with Indians and Chinese. These groups are lumped together as Asians. Very dissimilar they should be separate for demographic studies..

For some complicated reason Silicon valley has become the center for high tech design. The general populace is extremely smart with only the best and the brightest being selected out to live there. Trying to compete with their work ethic is not for me. They will work 60-70 hours and sleep under their desks. Their kids naturally are super smart and spend all their spare time on school work.getting straight A's. Housing is extremely expensive but pay is good for talented people.

A few areas in the county have tried to copy the design center with out much sucess. Critical mass thing.

I know little about SF but it also has a diminishing white populace. about 45-46% and dropping..

Southern Ca is a mess with a scarcity of good jobs. The very high foreclosure rates are in strange areas where there are no jobs. Commuting a hundred miles a day over the long term won't work.

The white politicians in Ca. are as goofy as Jerry Brown. They continue to force huge projects that have no financial base and have spent all of the" others peoples money" which is a liberal thing. Still building a huge solar panel in the dessert and a high speed train to no where. No money don't seem to bother anyone. Most people we know are apolitical and ignore the whole thing. San Jose and others are just about bankrupt paying out pensions that were not funded. That however is not exclusive to Ca. A fire or police chief can retire at 45 with a pension of $200,000 a year tax free. I think San Jose has 2 people retired for ever one working just like Greece.
Last edited by Aaron 1; Dec 06, 2012 at 03:11 PM.
Dec 06, 2012, 04:12 PM
Foamie Freak!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron 1
================================================== ====

Beware,most of if not all immigrants, and that includes Ca people, migrating to other States carry with them their ideals and philosophy learned in their childhood. That includes me a bit compared to our peers in the Midwest.

That is a paradox because they leave to cast off their suppressors and tormentors but as soon as they plant their new roots, without even thinking, try to convert their new neighbors to their old ways of their suppressors. Liberals by nature are missionaries that will convert you by force if needed. Schools and political office are the the first to fall.

I know both our sons who grew up in the Ca school system despite their parents inputs were converted. All the new radical ideas are accepted including abortion, legalization of all drugs, gay marriage , Religion, gun rights, open borders, taxes, open borders etc. . Peer pressure is an all encompassing. envelope. As we watch our grand children grow I do notice a slow shift in their parents ideas so maybe their is hope. They are no longer missionaries on most topics but if you try to engage them in a conversation on the leftist views you are met with a bit of hostility. So these topics are off limits. I'm old so we won't be around to see the grand kids graduate from HS . That was our choice, to get educated and have a career before having children. Without this you get a very high % of misery and divorce in our system. It was well worth the sacrifice.

Both sons took the same path in having children , education with a good career, so maybe there is hope long term.

All you can do with your kids has been done at a very early age. You can only hope the ideas of real freedom take root and grow with maturity.

Don't let Calif ways subvert Texas. The power brokers are evil to the extreme.
I sure see that happening here in North Carolina with all the up north folkss moving down here to escape the ridiculousness up there. They come here and still vote Democrat. Whats that all about?
Dec 06, 2012, 08:58 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
Meanwhile in California, the rental vacancy rate is going down again... in other words, people are piling up trying to move here.

Texas can make believe all they want, but CA's got no shortage of people wanting to move here for work. Just look at the rental market in SF:
Apartments are filling up from people losing their houses and jobs.
Dec 06, 2012, 10:20 PM
Libertas in Infinitum
Quote:

You seriously think the drop in available rental units is because people are coming BACK into the state?

That's wishful thinking at best.
Dec 06, 2012, 10:50 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Next he'll cite a rise in the sales of used cars and dollar store items as sure signs of an improving economy.
Dec 06, 2012, 10:55 PM
Vertical Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
Using outdated articles to bolster your position? Not exactly surprising. Why don't you examine the real reason rental properties are hard to find.

California Foreclosure Rate Tops In Nation; San Leandro Family’s Struggle Typical

No kidding. Rental Market has been booming here for over three years. Rent has actually gone UP in BO's recession.

Hey CL
Home ownership way down, rentals up is a bad sign.
Dec 06, 2012, 10:56 PM
Vertical Wake
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngoat
next he'll cite a rise in the sales of used cars and dollar store items as sure signs of an improving economy.

lol!
Dec 07, 2012, 12:07 AM
Tu ne cede malis
8% unemployment, dole takers nearing Eurolevels, the new normal for 'improvements' in the economy.
Dec 07, 2012, 03:39 AM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambientech
They are coming so fast at times the amount of California plates on the highway leaves me wondering if I am in Texas or was teleported to California over night
Would explain the explosion of ty drivers in DFW...

Quick Reply