Nov 14, 2012, 06:04 PM
Well, maybe I won't be flying quite as quickly as I thought. Hung up on something pretty simple - perhaps just brain cramp? Watching the Zero Video, it appears that the Steadicam IMU plugs into the controller using the A E T R connectors. If that is correct, where do I plug my receiver A E T R connection? Anyone know what I am supposed to do here?

Think I just figured out my issue. I need to use S Bus off C7 to S Bus on my Receiver. That takes care of where to plug things in. Now I just need to familiarize myself with setting up using the S Bus feature - at least there is info on that!
Last edited by Socratic; Nov 14, 2012 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Figured it out - I think
to remove ads between posts
Nov 14, 2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic
Well, maybe I won't be flying quite as quickly as I thought. Hung up on something pretty simple - perhaps just brain cramp? Watching the Zero Video, it appears that the Steadicam IMU plugs into the controller using the A E T R connectors. If that is correct, where do I plug my receiver A E T R connection? Anyone know what I am supposed to do here?

Think I just figured out my issue. I need to use S Bus off C7 to S Bus on my Receiver. That takes care of where to plug things in. Now I just need to familiarize myself with setting up using the S Bus feature - at least there is info on that!
Good job! You are right
Steadi IMU to A E T R connectors of MC, notice the order of connector colour
S-Bus to C7(MC),
Another IMU to I1 and I2 connectors of MC.
Nov 15, 2012, 09:55 PM
Okay.....on to the next issue. I purchased a Turnigy 5.0 4S battery for this quad. It has 5.5 bullet connectors already installed. Do I need to cut them off and replace with an XT60? Doesn't seem to make sense since we are talking 80 amp bursts vs 250 amp burst capability. Is the draw on the quad so little that it doesn't really matter what connector I use? I don't really see how to connect unless I use a XT60 since that is what Zero provided on the special cable. Should be fun soldering 8 ga wire to the XT60. BTW, next video installment of the build will be up on YouTube shortly (4 hours to upload first).
Nov 16, 2012, 03:29 AM
Quote:
Is the draw on the quad so little that it doesn't really matter what connector I use?
You can use XT60, dont worry about stressing the wire for a quad that size.
Nov 16, 2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Okay.....on to the next issue. I purchased a Turnigy 5.0 4S battery for this quad. It has 5.5 bullet connectors already installed. Do I need to cut them off and replace with an XT60? Doesn't seem to make sense since we are talking 80 amp bursts vs 250 amp burst capability. Is the draw on the quad so little that it doesn't really matter what connector I use? I don't really see how to connect unless I use a XT60 since that is what Zero provided on the special cable. Should be fun soldering 8 ga wire to the XT60. BTW, next video installment of the build will be up on YouTube shortly (4 hours to upload first).
Both 5.5 bullet connectors and T60 can be available, just make sure the battery connector and Steadi470 connector are matched, and notice the positive pole and negative pole.
But it is strongly suggested to replace the battery connector to T60.
Nov 16, 2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the help on the connector. Here is the latest assembly video:
Zero Steadi470 - Hooking up Electronics (11 min 47 sec)
Nov 16, 2012, 10:44 AM
Quote:
http://youtu.be/HnUjz2L7GHU
thanks for your videos socratic
Nov 19, 2012, 10:21 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
http://youtu.be/HnUjz2L7GHU
Nice Video! Look forward to your flying
Nov 20, 2012, 06:13 AM
In the first post there is this information:

"Currently the Zero-Steadi470 only supports the Futaba S-BUS system for radio control. This means in order to pilot by radio control you must have a Futaba S-BUS compatible receiver."

Are there plans to support PPMSum as the YS-X6?

Thanks in advance.
Nov 22, 2012, 09:24 PM
ZeroUAV

the PPM-SUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Copter
In the first post there is this information:

"Currently the Zero-Steadi470 only supports the Futaba S-BUS system for radio control. This means in order to pilot by radio control you must have a Futaba S-BUS compatible receiver."

Are there plans to support PPMSum as the YS-X6?

Thanks in advance.

hi , my friend , the Zero-Steadi470 only supports the Futaba S-BUS system for radio control.
but the ys-x6 can support the PPM-SUM , just connect it to the ch8 of ap .
as we know the Zero-Steadi470 use the YS-x6 , why can not use the ppm-sum .
because the Zero -Steadi470 hava another IMU to cotrol the GIMBAL .

Zero-Steadi470 have no planes to support the PPM-SUM now ,

but your suggestion is good , we will consider it .
thank you my friend .

peter
Nov 23, 2012, 04:48 AM
Hi, Peter, thanks for your answer.

Recently bought a Graupner radio and now I find that I gain nothing.
I tested with a converter from PPM to Sbus without solving the problem.

OK, I guess I'll have to buy a Futaba radio.
Nov 23, 2012, 06:31 AM
Thread OP
Zero-Steadi470 Photography for Tibet

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDc3ODA1NTYw.html
Nov 25, 2012, 12:56 PM

Stuck battery mount tube

Anyone have any suggestions on how to loosen up the battery mount - seems the smaller CF tube is stuck inside the larger one and I can no longer turn or extend/shorten the battery position. At this point, I am just going to drill a second hole and position the mount properly front to back but I won't ever be able to use another brand/size battery unless I can get this thing to move. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.
Stuck Battery Mount (0 min 0 sec)
Nov 25, 2012, 04:42 PM

And Balancing Issues

Not able to get the camera stabilizer in balance. Also appears that the servos are not responding to input when I try to calibrate them. Nothing is happening when I go through the setup other than confirmation on the tablet program. Ideas as to what I am doing wrong here? Yes......had to plug in connection to ESCs to power bus that servo's plug into on the FC. Daaaaaaaaaaa Now if I can only find out cause of out of balance. Just to let you know, I did add weight to lower part of stabilizer and was able to get it pretty close. Doesn't seem to be super critical as it does seem to stay in balance now when everything is powered up. Though, I don't like the idea of having to ADD weight to a quad....usually I try to eliminate weight. Eventually I will see if there is any negative consequences in more weight.

MVI 0473 (3 min 4 sec)
Last edited by Socratic; Nov 26, 2012 at 10:35 AM. Reason: some fixes some not
Nov 26, 2012, 05:01 AM
Registerer Used
Did you try with a lighter battery? Or add some weight to the lower part (seems that not that much weight is needed)? 'cause the extend/shorten part of the battery tray seems a bit tricky to tweak.. material against material friction; not so good. What about using some drops of lube, to pull off the tube, clean it and sand slightly inside the main tube? Yeah I know, you should not have to do that for that product class, but you don't want to be stuck :/

Quick Reply