Nov 08, 2012, 09:22 AM
More jets than a carburetor
Had several flights on mine and was doing a half throttle pass when suddely it snapped, I was shocked as it was not going that slow at all. Probably reapairable but I dont have time.

Anyways, All the gear I have in it is for sale:
power 32
ice 75 light
e-flite gear
fancy tires
Pilot figure
six hs-81 servos

The wings are ok too but nose broke off.

If anyone is building one here ya go.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 09, 2012, 07:56 PM
AMA#313760
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydve76 View Post
Had several flights on mine and was doing a half throttle pass when suddely it snapped, I was shocked as it was not going that slow at all. Probably reapairable but I dont have time.

Anyways, All the gear I have in it is for sale:
power 32
ice 75 light
e-flite gear
fancy tires
Pilot figure
six hs-81 servos

The wings are ok too but nose broke off.

If anyone is building one here ya go.

Ouch, very sorry for your loss,.

John
Nov 10, 2012, 01:43 PM
How much are u asking ??
Nov 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
"Free crash instruction"
Looks like he's decided to take a chance on number #2 ....so he ordered another one. I was happy to hear he did not give up on this model. I should get around to completing mine but "Many things" preoccupied my time. I have 2 that need to be built with all the electronics but I think Sandy's visit made that a couple weeks out. You can PM him and make a sweet offer but I think he's hooked on this Mustang.
Nov 10, 2012, 06:25 PM
AMA#313760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr@sh View Post
Looks like he's decided to take a chance on number #2 ....so he ordered another one. I was happy to hear he did not give up on this model. I should get around to completing mine but "Many things" preoccupied my time. I have 2 that need to be built with all the electronics but I think Sandy's visit made that a couple weeks out. You can PM him and make a sweet offer but I think he's hooked on this Mustang.
I hope he is. It is a fine aircraft to own and fly.

John
Nov 11, 2012, 12:32 AM
Here was her death, skip to 1 min mark. After thinking it over, I forgot I lost my LIFE pack I usually use and so I hooked up the ESC's BEC again. After take off hit the retracts and BEC browned out the RX. Thats why it went nuts and snapped.

Crash (2 min 32 sec)
Nov 11, 2012, 07:50 AM
AMA#313760
Quote:
Here was her death, skip to 1 min mark. After thinking it over, I forgot I lost my LIFE pack I usually use and so I hooked up the ESC's BEC again. After take off hit the retracts and BEC browned out the RX. Thats why it went nuts and snapped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Mj9...ature=youtu.be
Ouch,

I understand your getting another P-51b or repairing yours? Hope that is the case you have given up on her.

John
Nov 11, 2012, 10:09 AM
Yes, I got another less than retail, shipped to me. But even at retail price you cant hardly replace it with anything else. I looked at a some fomies for the power 32 and realized they cost more.

This thing is a snappy little bastard though!
Nov 11, 2012, 12:56 PM
I looked at replacing mine with something different after hitting a pc of rebar.
It was demolished. 100% my fault. Hit the motor kill switch on my remote while doing the approach. Long story...

I bought another one and repaired the one I had.
After many hours of rebuilding the wing and fusilage it was back together and flew as good as it did when it was new.
Now I have two. And when I fly the rebuild one I don't worry about crashing.
It's much more fun to fly when you remove that element.

For the cost I can't imagine finding anything to compare to the Eflite P-51B.

It's unfortunate for the handful of guys who crashed theirs so early that they didn't have the opportunity to really appreciate what a great flying plane this is.
Every time I fly my P-51B I'm totally impressed.
I can't imagine not owning one now.
I'll admit I don't take it to the airfield ever time. If I'm not feeling 100% I'll leave it at home or sometimes in the car.

Quote:
Yes, I got another less than retail, shipped to me. But even at retail price you cant hardly replace it with anything else. I looked at a some fomies for the power 32 and realized they cost more.

This thing is a snappy little bastard though!
Nov 14, 2012, 01:12 PM

Should I get this?

OK this is probably the wrong forum to ask - maybe not too impartial - but I'm looking to buy another warbird about this size.

I'm considering the Hangar 9 P-40b, the Hangar 9 Corsair, or this eFlite Mustang.

What do you guys think?
Nov 14, 2012, 01:13 PM
The mustang will be much harder to fly. If you want easier to fly go with the corsair. This mustang is snappy for no reason sometimes.

Edit: But of course in terms of speed and cool factor the mustang wins hands down. I do like the P-40 though, its a bit bigger though..
Last edited by skydve76; Nov 14, 2012 at 01:33 PM.
Nov 14, 2012, 01:13 PM
The Hangar 9 Corsair just dropped in price by $30.00... a friend has it and loves it.
Nov 14, 2012, 02:07 PM
Eye of The Storm
Here is the just about complete E-flite P51B Mustang. It turned into a nitro version of the 332nd Fighter Group. The model he picked was "Stinky II" from one black and white picture we had to go by. It might not be 100% exact but I've noticed all planes go through different phases of paint schemes so there might be a little varience here and there. This plane has a .51 engine with modified exhaust so the nose isn't all cut to hell. It has full retracts, different main wheels, moveable cooling exhaust door in the rear, semi-gussied up cockpit with radio and antenna, moved the .50 caliber gun placement. Screwed the nose, top canopy, and radiator because the magnets are not to be trusted. It will make a nice companion to the bigger Shangri-la already in the hangar.

Crappy cell phone pictures but here it is along with it's bigger brother.
Nov 14, 2012, 08:20 PM
"Die with the ball centered.."
Very good looking "B"....congratulations.
ce
Nov 14, 2012, 08:50 PM
Warbird Enthusiast
Quote:
Originally Posted by capteasy View Post
Very good looking "B"
+1...very nice job.

Quick Reply