Nov 02, 2012, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Daddict
the castle creations will be the best speed control you can get, and the omega 130 on a 13x6.5 or 14x7 is perfect.
Nah....I prefer Kontronik, but I certianly cannot afford them!
to remove ads between posts
Nov 02, 2012, 09:05 PM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
I'm running a ZTW 50A, works great and nice price from Quantum Hobby.
Nov 03, 2012, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexjschauer
Nah....I prefer Kontronik, but I certianly cannot afford them!
they are among the best, the more i read, the more i dont want to buy a castle...
Nov 03, 2012, 10:27 AM
Addicted to 3DHS, EF and Flex
Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy4129
they are among the best, the more i read, the more i dont want to buy a castle...
I have used castle for years with zero issues. and the ice lite 50 has to be one of the best for this size plane.
Nov 03, 2012, 10:43 AM
ride hard and fly low
Quote:
I have used castle for years with zero issues. and the ice lite 50 has to be one of the best for this size plane.
I love my castle products.
Nov 05, 2012, 08:19 AM
Taking my time, but the plane is going together. Might get a maiden at the end of the week, we shall see. Those SFG's are HUGE, has anyone tried cutting them down and recovering with the extra covering that came with the kit? And since I don't fly3D, just aerobatic, is there any reason for me to use them?
Don
Nov 05, 2012, 09:09 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Just try it both ways and judge it for yourself. They seem to make the biggest difference in upright harrier, but KE is also improved, especially at slow speeds and higher alpha....for "just aerobatic" and no 3D....give it a shot both ways.

I'm really liking the clear "2/3" size SFG's from Vintauri....they are smaller than stock, but still sufficiently large to have good effect.
Nov 05, 2012, 09:13 AM
MN WATTS Master
I'm in Champaign IL today and will be home tonight. I'll look at the stack tonight or tomorrow and see what I have on hand. I know I had a few rejects so I want to make sure I don't send those to you.

Steve
Nov 05, 2012, 09:28 AM
Time to Fly AJ's Best!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
..I'm really liking the clear "2/3" size SFG's from Vintauri....they are smaller than stock, but still sufficiently large to have good effect.
+1.

For just Aerobatic, I would go without or get a set of Lexan Shorty, VinFins!
Nov 05, 2012, 09:03 PM
I'm in for that, Steve has heard from me and I hope he has something for me.! Thanks.
Don
Nov 20, 2012, 08:17 PM
MN WATTS Master
I'll finally have some CNC time in the next few days. I'll see how many lexan SFG's I can get cut out and then let people know they are available. Sorry for the delay as things have just been busy.

Steve
Nov 20, 2012, 11:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri
I'll finally have some CNC time in the next few days. I'll see how many lexan SFG's I can get cut out and then let people know they are available. Sorry for the delay as things have just been busy.

Steve
No problem, how much will they be?
Nov 21, 2012, 12:08 AM
3DHS 'native'
yea I need a set of those sfg's in lexan for sure!!!
Nov 21, 2012, 07:57 AM
MN WATTS Master
Quote:
No problem, how much will they be?
It depends on the cutting time. But it should be about $15 shipped for a set.

Steve
Nov 21, 2012, 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintauri
It depends on the cutting time. But it should be about $15 shipped for a set.

Steve
I will take a set for $15 when they are done. Let me know when they are cut out.

Quick Reply