Oct 19, 2012, 02:40 PM
we dont NEED roads!
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_pistolero
Kapitan
You designed an ideal unit for the beginner in this remarkable field. Do not Change it to requiring "flashing" for function.

There are many of us, some of which are older folk, who do not do well with the concepts of flashing to change anything. I for one have various FC 's that have never been succesfully flown because of lack of confidence in the "Flashing regime" The straight forward programming on board lcd has been a god send. I now have multiple multis of different sizes and configs because of the confidence your FC brings. I have 6 KK controllers on 5 flyable units. and have more frames waiting in the wings.

I am partially disabled and the multis are providing a means for me to stay active at 67 years. These units mean I can go out and do without having to drag a laptop for every adjustment.
You would only have to flash your board if you flew anything other than a 4 rotor multi.

What he is saying is there is not enough memory on the board to accommodate the new code, and removing the pre-set configurations would free up much needed memory. This is why the ESC Calibration was removed from v1.2.

IMO this is a necessity if we want to see improvements to this board. We all know the current firmware is not taking full advantage of the hardware.

I am sure, given the nature of this project, Mr.KK will do everything possible to make the change "newb friendly"
Last edited by AcroFPV; Oct 19, 2012 at 02:46 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2012, 03:00 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_pistolero
Kapitan
You designed an ideal unit for the beginner in this remarkable field. Do not Change it to requiring "flashing" for function.

There are many of us, some of which are older folk, who do not do well with the concepts of flashing to change anything. I for one have various FC 's that have never been succesfully flown because of lack of confidence in the "Flashing regime" The straight forward programming on board lcd has been a god send. I now have multiple multis of different sizes and configs because of the confidence your FC brings. I have 6 KK controllers on 5 flyable units. and have more frames waiting in the wings.

I am partially disabled and the multis are providing a means for me to stay active at 67 years. These units mean I can go out and do without having to drag a laptop for every adjustment.

The other day when I told everyone I am 60 years old I thought I would be an "old timer" here but I see now I'm just a youngun here. I'm starting to think this is an Old Man thing! I am no where near 400.

Sudsy
Oct 19, 2012, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
The other day when I told everyone I am 60 years old I thought I would be an "old timer" here but I see now I'm just a youngun here. I'm starting to think this is an Old Man thing! I am no where near 400.

Sudsy
And young man thing.... I'm 30. Was bit by the RC bug at 18... So addicting!
Oct 19, 2012, 03:22 PM
AVR Dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papajeff
Now, one quick question for all of the guys here in this MASSIVE thread;

WHAT CAUSES THE DREADED "DEATH FLIP" AND WHAT IS THE CURE?
Perhaps the bug I found and fixed? See number 4 here:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1748819
Oct 19, 2012, 06:30 PM
Lover of scale R/C
Oh hell....My board is now playing up again, one step forward, then one back..When I plug the flight battery in, sometimes the board lights up as it should and then it doesn't...Anyone else had this?
Oct 19, 2012, 06:34 PM
Custom quad builder
Yes check all your pins even on the back side of the board bad soldering
Oct 19, 2012, 06:40 PM
Lover of scale R/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x
Yes check all your pins even on the back side of the board bad soldering

Ok thanks, will check that out in the morning
Oct 19, 2012, 06:47 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Halton
Ok thanks, will check that out in the morning
I scrubbed my boards with an old toothbrush and alcohol to clean up the solder/flux residue. If this is left on the board it will accelerate the corrosion process. If you inspect the board with a magnifying glass you will see the quality of work. I am sure these things are done in a solder bath so if the board doesn't "wet" properly it will miss spots. I once had a Goldstar TV come in to my TV shop and it was only about half soldered. They (Goldstar warranty) actually paid to have us solder it. I love soldering and am micro-mini repair certified.

Sudsy
Oct 19, 2012, 06:51 PM
Stop me before I build again!
Might be my imagination, but just tried out the big fix + acc mod and its night and day for stability mode on my h quad. I could fly this beast in the house now without fear for my life.
Oct 19, 2012, 06:51 PM
...just an earth bound misfit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapteinkuk
:
Then it hit me: "What the truck am I doing? I have to be bat-shlt-crazy to write large programs in assembly! This thing is so cryptic that I have to reverse-engineer my own source code!"

Haha
Congratulations KK!

Whether it was on the 8086, R2000, 68332, VAX, or the mega108, I gave up on ASM after verifying that decent C compilers were basically generating the same code I would normally write - unless it happened to be intolerant of latency. CDC 170 was the strangest machine I ever wrote machine code on, but we only had FORTRAN IV on it.

IAR seemed to do a nice job on AVR.
Oct 19, 2012, 06:52 PM
Lover of scale R/C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy
I scrubbed my boards with an old toothbrush and alcohol to clean up the solder/flux residue. If this is left on the board it will accelerate the corrosion process. If you inspect the board with a magnifying glass you will see the quality of work. I am sure these things are done in a solder bath so if the board doesn't "wet" properly it will miss spots. I once had a Goldstar TV come in to my TV shop and it was only about half soldered. They (Goldstar warranty) actually paid to have us solder it. I love soldering and am micro-mini repair certified.

Sudsy
Thanks again, good tips
Oct 19, 2012, 07:36 PM
Custom quad builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by brontide
Might be my imagination, but just tried out the big fix + acc mod and its night and day for stability mode on my h quad. I could fly this beast in the house now without fear for my life.
It works
Oct 19, 2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COCO2010
Very cool and out of this world design ! Can we see it in action ? ...or maybe a link to see it flying ? Thanks

I threw this together quickly, I'm not much of an editor, enjoy.

Tombstone Boothill (3 min 33 sec)
Oct 19, 2012, 08:11 PM
DroneWorksUSA.net
Hey Guys do any of you know what refresh rate the stock gaui 500x 18a escs work at? I'm wondering if there 400hz or not. If they are then I wouldn't need flashed escs correct?

Here's a link to the ones in talking about.
http://www.perthrc.com.au/esc-18amp-...-amp-500x.html
Oct 19, 2012, 08:17 PM
Custom quad builder
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohio117
Hey Guys do any of you know what refresh rate the stock gaui 500x 18a escs work at? I'm wondering if there 400hz or not. If they are then I wouldn't need flashed escs correct?

Here's a link to the ones in talking about.
http://www.perthrc.com.au/esc-18amp-...-amp-500x.html
You don't have to have flashed esc's

Quick Reply