Oct 04, 2012, 04:16 PM
"The Judge"
Doug, the play in servos you cant do anything about, but can I ask one thing:
Are the flaps linkage setup the same way as your ailerons ? same hole in servoarms, same height on horn, same linkage, same geometry ?

Sebbe
to remove ads between posts
Oct 04, 2012, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo Child
To hard,i will tape the flaps first
Great idea!
Oct 04, 2012, 04:18 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Thanks Peter! I was sure I had that notion from somewhere
Oct 04, 2012, 04:23 PM
Livin it UP when Im goin DOWN
Quote:
To hard,i will tape the flaps first
One stupid question: is there a way to tape the the flaps so they are fixed during flight but still loose enough for the servo to "rip the tape" when flaps is deployed?
Sure would save me a lot of work since my 09AMDs are suffering from the same as Doug's....
Oct 04, 2012, 04:24 PM
"The Judge"
yepp, taping the flaps is the esiest way, but still It can be fixed "maybee"...

Doug, do you have a clue on the travelrate needed when flaps are activated or used ?
Oct 04, 2012, 04:56 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcteryxxx
One stupid question: is there a way to tape the the flaps so they are fixed during flight but still loose enough for the servo to "rip the tape" when flaps is deployed?
Sure would save me a lot of work since my 09AMDs are suffering from the same as Doug's....
I will mess around with them tomorrow,but it is no big deal,as i have a 600ft runway,so i don't need flaps......BUT THEY ARE NICE TO HAVE
Oct 04, 2012, 05:00 PM
Drinks Day Old Expired Milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
yepp, taping the flaps is the esiest way, but still It can be fixed "maybee"...

Doug, do you have a clue on the travelrate needed when flaps are activated or used ?
I tried everything,problem is,the servo arm just moves to much.....I will pull these junk servos out a put in something nice,when i find the time....It is kind of a PITA job if you ask me....Heck,they are brand new So i will just tape them to the wing when i want the X to play the wanna-b-pylon roll....no flutter when i have it in Hotliner mode.
Oct 04, 2012, 05:53 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
In my experience ,almost all servos need to be selected.
Otherwords buy 10 to select about 6 out .
But worst part is ,even these 6 selected ones have life time span for the gears.
With very very rare exceptions.

I found that Airtronics 802 servos are direct replacement for Hyperion D09.
Despite of a plastic gears these are much tighter and more precise then Hyp.D09.
Yuri
Oct 04, 2012, 06:06 PM
"The Judge"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbox
In my experience ,almost all servos need to be selected.
Yuri
very true.....

Henkes Swist do have AMD 09 on flaps = NO flutter, speed +300mph---

Doug, maybee he also have som play in gears (from begging or developped over time), but look at his height of horns, his geometry is probably 120% travelrate for the throws he needs, so any small sloop will be minimized.... just a thought Doug, how you can make it work,,, But of course, taping the flaps takes 10 seconds , and maybee its better exchange the servos if they are to sloopy..
Oct 04, 2012, 06:09 PM
"The Judge"
Yuri, isnt the Airtronics 802 same as HYP 09 SCD?

How many Airtronics 802 have you tested to be perfect = no sloop at all..
Oct 04, 2012, 06:36 PM
DroneWorlds - TEAM NEW ZEALAND
Thread OP
Try sliding some solder up under the wiper of the flaps, changing their balance point may move the harmonic further up the speedometer
Oct 04, 2012, 07:46 PM
One Idiot is plenty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebbe
very true.....

Henkes Swist do have AMD 09 on flaps = NO flutter, speed +300mph---

Everything comes with the price to pay....

I have installed about 8 Air 802 servos,all good.
Only tested on V tails.
Yuri
Last edited by Dbox; Oct 04, 2012 at 11:09 PM.
Oct 04, 2012, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Damn your good .
Yeah, I get that a lot.

I'm just glad the mystery has been solved.

I agree with you...Just tape 'em up and get back to haulin' ass.
Oct 05, 2012, 01:04 AM
"The Judge"
ok, Yuri, but did noticed if there is any sloop in the Air 802?

And yes, the price is UGLY, but also FASTEST F5D in the world , and no flutter..
Oct 05, 2012, 01:06 AM
"The Judge"
Arctery and VooDoo, was the sloop on the AMD:s 09 there in the beginning or did it get worse, how quick ?

Trying to descide IF using them or not..as I have the choice now before glue them in..

Sebbe

Quick Reply