Jun 27, 2012, 03:18 PM
Zenmuse owners, is gimbal worth buying? What are your thoughts about your previous gimbals? (If you had some)
to remove ads between posts
Jun 27, 2012, 03:31 PM
I tried a lot of gimbals until now, but me summary would be:

"the journey has an end" (in searching for an optimal gimbal)

best regards

Ferdinand
Jun 27, 2012, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw
2-3 weeks ....
I don't see my name engraved on it. Oh and go ahead and anodize it red for me.
Jun 27, 2012, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One
Looking great! I always enjoy the shots showing a piece of airframe. Let's you see how well the stabilization functions.
What up DJ??

So you liked this one of mine I'm sure?
DJI Zenmuse Z15n Gimbal with GoPro2 (rigid mount) (3 min 58 sec)
Jun 27, 2012, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadslo
Zenmuse owners, is gimbal worth buying? What are your thoughts about your previous gimbals? (If you had some)
I have had so many gimbals since 2005, I have balanced so many helis and blades and tried vibration dampeners, messed with post processing software etc.

Bottom line, strap on a Zenmuse and be done with it. I haven't even bothered to balance a blade or even mess with the autopilot gains with the zenmuse. What for? Just fly it however you want and the raw video is flawless.

If your serious about making money doing Aerial Video then the Zenmuse is the way to go or if you want hassle free perfect video. Yes, it can be pricey, but for the professional that is cheap. For the semi-professional, when its all said and done trying to save a buck you have to look at the quality and amount of time trying to get great results with other options.

For the Hobbyist, yes expensive unless you have deep pockets.
Last edited by UAVProducts; Jun 27, 2012 at 05:42 PM.
Jun 27, 2012, 05:42 PM
by Alary Design
I hadn't seen that one. It surely does show the stabilization performance!
Jun 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoship One
I hadn't seen that one. It surely does show the stabilization performance!
Let me know when you are in Michigan will try to meet up and you can play with the Z15. Or head on over and we can hang at the lake also.
Jun 27, 2012, 05:49 PM
What's that? Looks like a proto landing gear setup. ;-)
Jun 27, 2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skivvie
What's that? Looks like a proto landing gear setup. ;-)
Good eye, but its just a future product from DJI. Shhhhh......
Jun 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
by Alary Design
Quote:
Let me know when you are in Michigan will try to meet up and you can play with the Z15. Or head on over and we can hang at the lake also.
Might head up that way in August. I've got a couple Z15N headed here soon. Anxious to get them airborne. Both on S800 and a Gaui X7.
Jun 27, 2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts
What up DJ??

http://youtu.be/XgLCR3bVEDU
This is insane!!
Jun 28, 2012, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Good eye, but its just a future product from DJI. Shhhhh......
Looks like S800 retract ?
Jun 28, 2012, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the Fish
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper7821
Looks like S800 retract ?
Do you see any servos? It looks like a smaller hexa with CF rod arms mounted on the S800 LG.
Jun 28, 2012, 01:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed
Do you see any servos? It looks like a smaller hexa with CF rod arms mounted on the S800 LG.
Ya, looks too small for the S800 but I see the 45deg turn latches to connect the gear to the frame.

Maybe it's a new less expensive S800 mini, that would be really cool.
Jun 28, 2012, 01:11 AM
Closed Account
Quote:
What up DJ??

h
THAT is seriously the best test ive seen! rock solid gimbal. i want one! outdoes my photohigher 200 for sure!

Quick Reply