Feb 12, 2012, 10:51 AM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Thread OP
Discussion

Well, now we know why Samuel Jackson Voted for Obama!

Samuel Jackson gave an interview with "Ebony" magazine explaining why he voted for Obama and what he expects in his next term.
Feb 12, 2012, 10:55 AM
Suspended Account
Not suprized , are we? I wasn't.
Feb 12, 2012, 11:06 AM
LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62pilot
Not suprized , are we? I wasn't.
Only at the last part about the next four years.
Feb 12, 2012, 12:38 PM
Playing with toys.
Funny... I thought Obama was a halfbeed that knew nothing of "The Black Experience". What did I miss? Jesse Jackson commented on this as well as Al Sharpton.
Latest blog entry: ...
Feb 12, 2012, 12:47 PM
Not THAT Ira
Considering our history I can totally understand why Blacks would jump at the first chance ever to elect a black President.
Sad thing is that that community is being hit the hardest by his policies.
Feb 12, 2012, 12:54 PM
So Sam is a racist, big deal. Or at least it would be if he was white.
Feb 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by n00b-E
So Sam is a racist, big deal. Or at least it would be if he was white.
It also could be said actors these days can say most anything and make more money/fame than to speak the truth. Micheal Jackson was a master at knowing this tactic. Some of the most popular folks in Hollywood are the very people we loath in public.
I could care less what Samuel Jacksons says. We will likely learn in yrs to come he has a drug problem. Man thats some credible voice or reason .
Feb 12, 2012, 01:25 PM
Out of Time
The most interesting part of this is that those who have, and continue, to be shrill in their accusations about racism being a large problem with Obama were and are actually correct.

Racism actuall IS a major factor when considering Obame for election in 2008, and apparently continues to be a factor.
The thing is, it's now apparent who the racists are. And it's not the whites who voted for Obame in 2008 because whites have officially proved that they are NOT racist by virtue of Obama BEING president right now.
For 2012, it's now time for those same whites who have proved that they aren't racist to toss Obama out in order to prove that they aren't stupid.

Since admitted racists like Samuel L. Jackson are going to vote for Obama again in 2012, they not only continue to show their racist motives, but they are also going prove something else in 2012, and that is that they are racist AND, let's just say, "not incredibly intelligent".
Feb 12, 2012, 01:48 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highflight
The most interesting part of this is that those who have, and continue, to be shrill in their accusations about racism being a large problem with Obama were and are actually correct.

Racism actuall IS a major factor when considering Obame for election in 2008, and apparently continues to be a factor.
The thing is, it's now apparent who the racists are. And it's not the whites who voted for Obame in 2008 because whites have officially proved that they are NOT racist by virtue of Obama BEING president right now.
For 2012, it's now time for those same whites who have proved that they aren't racist to toss Obama out in order to prove that they aren't stupid.

Since admitted racists like Samuel L. Jackson are going to vote for Obama again in 2012, they not only continue to show their racist motives, but they are also going prove something else in 2012, and that is that they are racist AND, let's just say, "not incredibly intelligent".
yEAH well,,Im sorry but if a person cant find one simple achievement that Obama has made and yet posts literally thousands of negative points about the man ,that shows both racism and stupidity.
Feb 12, 2012, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
It also could be said actors these days can say most anything and make more money/fame than to speak the truth. Micheal Jackson was a master at knowing this tactic. Some of the most popular folks in Hollywood are the very people we loath in public.
I could care less what Samuel Jacksons says. We will likely learn in yrs to come he has a drug problem. Man thats some credible voice or reason .
Actors/singers/musicians = clowns/jesters. Only around long enough to amuse me, then cast them aside while I take care of business. I really couldn't care less what they think about politics, or anything else.
Feb 12, 2012, 02:07 PM
I smell lithium now
I can certainly understand why many black Americans who don't actively follow politics would have jumped at the chance to vote for the first black man to have a serious chance of winning the presidency. I saw that as no different than the Irish catholics getting excited about JFK when he ran.

But many of Jackson's statements there are downright depressing. For a society and culture in which the vast majority simply see race the way Dr. King did, those kinds of slurs don't sound any less offensive coming from Samuel L Jackson than they would if someone like Ron Paul.
Feb 12, 2012, 02:39 PM
You can't be a racist if you're in the minority don't ya know?
Feb 12, 2012, 02:46 PM
I smell lithium now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svede
You can't be a racist if you're in the minority don't ya know?
I beg to differ; racists are a pretty small minority.
Feb 12, 2012, 02:54 PM
I should have added a smiley face .
Feb 12, 2012, 03:20 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
yEAH well,,Im sorry but if a person cant find one simple achievement that Obama has made and yet posts literally thousands of negative points about the man ,that shows both racism and stupidity.
I'm not sure if I'd call it racism, but rather blind partisanship. When I hear how some of those individuals spout rhetoric off as if it were handed down to them on stone tablets, it makes me think that if Jesus Christ himself were to suddenly appear behind Obama, pat him on the back and tell him he's doing a good job, the next day those blind partisans would renounce Jesus and swear allegiance to the Devil.

Quick Reply