Dec 26, 2011, 02:30 PM
ehm, ok.
it is possible fly forward in same level with 50% throtle stick? (altitude hold) I wan it for FPV. NAZA have perfect altitude hold but only for hover, not for fly.. (on my setup)
to remove ads between posts
Dec 26, 2011, 02:31 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj.zig
ehm, ok.
it is possible fly forward in same level with 50% throtle stick? (altitude hold) I wan it for FPV. NAZA have perfect altitude hold but only for hover, not for fly.. (on my setup)
i think there will always be a slight variance, i think its gonna be better for fpv then non height hold setups. but its natural that you may need some throttle inputs if your gonna do some "fast" FF
Dec 26, 2011, 02:37 PM
no very fast.. normal (slow)...
and can you explain what exact mean: Vertical gain, attitude gain pitch and attitude gain roll. thank you
Dec 26, 2011, 02:39 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj.zig
no very fast.. normal (slow)...
and can you explain what exact mean: Vertical gain, attitude gain pitch and attitude gain roll. thank you
"Gain" means amplification or attenuation of signal.

a gyro's signal is how much it's rotating.

The result is as you turn the "gain" up on a rate only gyro the quad will begin to fight harder to keep the p/r straight when it is being blown around.
Dec 26, 2011, 03:03 PM
Suspended Account
i started a Dji Naza "skype" conversation, if anyone wants to start joining or be apart of it to talk etc. just add me to your skype @ quadaddicts@gmail.com
Dec 26, 2011, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
"Gain" means amplification or attenuation of signal.

a gyro's signal is how much it's rotating.

The result is as you turn the "gain" up on a rate only gyro the quad will begin to fight harder to keep the p/r straight when it is being blown around.
I know what is gain, but what is attitude gain pitch and attitude gain roll in assistant??? Thank you
Dec 26, 2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaicuda
Manual mode, my KK board puts it to shame. I cant fly it. Too sketchy.

And as far as manual vs. atti throttle stick, its totally different. In atti, half stick = hold altitude, just like the WK-M. In manual, its just a linear throttle.
Are you saying your KK board puts the NAZA to shame in manual mode? Just wondering. If so why do you think that is?

So I get it to the altitude I want and place the throttle to 50% and it should hold there?

Do you guys take off in attitude mode or do you take off in manual and switch to attitude?

My PARIS board always moves quite a bit when switching modes in flight, my CC board handles that transition seamlessly but I haven't tried it with the NAZA.
Dec 26, 2011, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av8Chuck
Are you saying your KK board puts the NAZA to shame in manual mode? Just wondering. If so why do you think that is?

So I get it to the altitude I want and place the throttle to 50% and it should hold there?

Do you guys take off in attitude mode or do you take off in manual and switch to attitude?

My PARIS board always moves quite a bit when switching modes in flight, my CC board handles that transition seamlessly but I haven't tried it with the NAZA.

1. So far, I havent been able to "sport" fly well with manual mode. My KK
quad with 4.7 firmware is much smoother and easier to fly. Why? I
dont know. Perhaps I can tune it better, but atti. mode works very
well for me. Manual is just too unstable to fly well. This is my personal
observation, so far. Others may have had better luck.

2. Atti. mode, throttle at 50%, your machine should hold altitude pretty well, as long as
you have your gains adjusted well. It can drift though, don't confuse the actions.

3. take off and land in "atti". Intelligent cutoff. Imediate cutoff is
detrimental to your machines' well being, because it WILL let it fall from
the sky if you arent careful.

4. The transition from manual to atti is pretty seamless unless you have the
throttle stick in an extreme position.

I should clarify that I think this flight controller works very well, and I am quite happy with it. I let my 8 year old daughter fly it and she was thrilled.
I let another friend fly it who had no RC flight experience, and he whipped it around quite well. His remarks were, "Oh wow. I want one. Bad."
Dec 26, 2011, 05:14 PM
formerly Juddkleinman
Question on set up with a Mac.
Has anyone succeeded in doing the set up with Parallels or Boot Camp? While I'm sure either of these will open and run the set up software I am concerned about the USB interface. I tried to use Parallels a while ago to program Castle Creations ESCs and although the software ran I could not get it to recognize the USB device.
Dec 26, 2011, 06:00 PM
Suspended Account
Review.....

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...4#post20237882
Dec 26, 2011, 06:36 PM
Where is that post from Warthox when he speaks about the flamewheel frame and it's flex?
Dec 26, 2011, 06:38 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodde73
Where is that post from Warthox when he speaks about the flamewheel frame and it's flex?
he was discussing the vibration earlier on the thread, use the search feature, plus i had private convo with him on skype.
Dec 26, 2011, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad_Addict
he was discussing the vibration earlier on the thread, use the search feature, plus i had private convo with him on skype.
what does he and you think about the full kit? DJI motors seem to sort them problem? A
Dec 26, 2011, 06:50 PM
Suspended Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexrj
what does he and you think about the full kit? DJI motors seem to sort them problem? A
the kit performs ALLOT better then the frame and my kda motors yes.

in atti mode i didnt notice any vibration and the height control works very good!

check out the full review i did.
Dec 26, 2011, 08:15 PM
Waiting for my Medication
woo hooo looks like my naza will be delivered in the a.m. Honey do list is officially in the can now LMAO

Quick Reply