Dec 20, 2011, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seojeff
Thanks krexken and xxxcellerator. I got a shaft from headsuprc today and repaired the motor. Back in business. The Yak flew well.

A tip for anyone else - if you put 3" tires on this plane it lands so much softer and the extra clearance keeps me from clipping my prop on the ground.
Got a pic of that? I wonder how big they look and if they effect the cg or not. Just curious.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 20, 2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Thanks krexken and xxxcellerator. I got a shaft from headsuprc today and repaired the motor. Back in business. The Yak flew well.

A tip for anyone else - if you put 3" tires on this plane it lands so much softer and the extra clearance keeps me from clipping my prop on the ground.
Glad to hear you got everything worked out. See, it's not worth it to just give in and buy another motor, keep abusing that T3648 till it can take no more And trust me, that line of motors (the 3648s and 2836s) are absolute work horses. With adequate cooling they can be pushed wayyyy beyond their ratings and give you some serious power. I know for a fact the 3648 can easily be pushed to 1500watts in the yak on 5S and about 1200watts on 4S. I just finished building a Jet using a 2836-2350 (rated for 480watts and 4s Max) and I am pushing it to 1500watts on 5S LOL! Although it's nice and chilly outside now, sub zero temperatures.
Dec 20, 2011, 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eroeder
Got a pic of that? I wonder how big they look and if they effect the cg or not. Just curious.
Didn't affect my CG and they don't look cartoonish. IMHO they're the perfect size for this plane.
Dec 26, 2011, 10:59 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
Has anyone replaced the stock servos with HS-65's??

Would these be better than the HS-82MG??

Wolfe
Dec 26, 2011, 11:13 PM
Question on your wheel mod; the landing gear rod is 3.5 mm, the DuBro 3" wheels are for a 4mm shaft, does that amount of play seem ok?
Quote:
Didn't affect my CG and they don't look cartoonish. IMHO they're the perfect size for this plane.
Dec 27, 2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socpig
Question on your wheel mod; the landing gear rod is 3.5 mm, the DuBro 3" wheels are for a 4mm shaft, does that amount of play seem ok?
They roll fine. Sometimes I can hear them rolling in flight but otherwise they're great.
Dec 27, 2011, 08:20 AM
Mines faster than your's
I think those hs65's would be too small. I have been going with the stockers and have thrashed this thing hard with no problems
Dec 27, 2011, 04:18 PM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
OK - thanks, Texas. One of my aileron servos is acting up already after only about 10 flights, so I need to do something. Guess I will go with the HS-82 MG's. I don't trust what is in there now.

Wolfe
Dec 28, 2011, 07:54 AM
Wolfe, I just went through all the servo changes on my new C-Z, and I went with the 5085MG's. The 65's are to small. IMO the 5085mg or the 85mg is the best fit. I only had to dremel out just a very small amount from stock for a perfect fit.

edit : From the looks of the specs on the 82mg that would be a good fit too.
Last edited by Gixer Jay; Dec 28, 2011 at 08:40 AM.
Dec 29, 2011, 10:24 AM
My Co-Pilots Rock!!
OK - Thanks Gixer,

Wolfe
Dec 29, 2011, 12:50 PM
SEOJeff: Thanks for the tip on the 3" wheel, works great. I used the super light wheels, I think after getting rid of the white strut covers and wheel pants there was no weight gain. Put 10 flights on mine yestertaday and never nicked a prop, and at $5 each, thats a nice savings.

Quote:
Dec 29, 2011, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socpig
SEOJeff: Thanks for the tip on the 3" wheel, works great. I used the super light wheels, I think after getting rid of the white strut covers and wheel pants there was no weight gain. Put 10 flights on mine yestertaday and never nicked a prop, and at $5 each, thats a nice savings.
Awesome, glad it worked out! Question: did you hear them rolling / vibrating in flight? I can't tell if it's my new wheels or I have a servo going bad.
Dec 29, 2011, 03:10 PM
I didn't hear them making any noise, the play seemed pretty slight, so you might look else where on your plane.

Quote:
Awesome, glad it worked out! Question: did you hear them rolling / vibrating in flight? I can't tell if it's my new wheels or I have a servo going bad.
Dec 29, 2011, 07:50 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
I didn't reglue my canopy on real well after painted it and that thing make an awful vibrating racket. Never would've guessed it was the canopy but someone else here had the same problem.
Dec 29, 2011, 09:58 PM
certified crash instructor
I just got a new fuse for the yak! It's been 9 months since my elevator servo failed, finally gonna get it flying again. I didn't want to waste time and money sending it back, especially since I don't trust the electronics. I'm thinking a hacker motor, hyperion 4s, castle esc, and 5085 servos this time around. I will also be using the dx8 with telemetry. I'm surprised the fuse came with rudder installed, has the battery hatch and receiver cover as well. I might order new elevator stabs and wings, then I'll have a spare set, that backorder was killing me lol!

Quick Reply