Nov 28, 2011, 09:43 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa's CB100
Or try this:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2499
(Thanks magic_marty)

Rafa
Or put full left trim in the TX,, turn it off,, turn it back on..
to remove ads between posts
Nov 28, 2011, 09:47 PM
<Marty>
or you could take a break from it and join me on funkypool for some 9 ball...
Nov 28, 2011, 10:13 PM
Live to learn. . .
Funny--I know what all those words mean, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_marty
or you could take a break from it and join me on funkypool for some 9 ball...
Nov 28, 2011, 10:18 PM
Live to learn. . .
I remember mention of this technique, but I don't get it. Could you 'esplain it again please? Is the heli bound when you take trim all the to the left? When you turn the tx back on, do you have to recenter trim before or after binding? What is the glitch that gets corrected by this?

I don't want you to think that I doubt you, I just want to understand what happens to cause this and why this fixes it for a little while. Why does it reoccur?

Rafa

Quote:
Originally Posted by livonia bob
Or put full left trim in the TX,, turn it off,, turn it back on..
Nov 28, 2011, 11:21 PM
<Marty>
Quote:
Funny--I know what all those words mean, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

Rafa
its a very addictive online pool game i play.....funkypool.com

warning its like crack you can't just try it once...
Nov 28, 2011, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Or try this:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=2499
(Thanks magic_marty)

Rafa
Hi Rafa,
These instructions look to be for the Devo line of receivers. I'm going to try subtrim adjustment first. Could this be caused by a crooked receiver? This bird is a wow upgraded brushless, so the controller is on top of the receiver. I just looked, and it doesn't seem tilted...
Thoughts?
Thanks
Nov 29, 2011, 12:35 AM
<Marty>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchie
Hi Rafa,
These instructions look to be for the Devo line of receivers. I'm going to try subtrim adjustment first. Could this be caused by a crooked receiver? This bird is a wow upgraded brushless, so the controller is on top of the receiver. I just looked, and it doesn't seem tilted...
Thoughts?
Thanks
no its not caused by the receiver being crooked ...and beings it is brushless the yaw will be some what worse , so you will have to increase the % in the rudder mix if that is what you use to resolve the issue....sub-trim could work as long as the tx keeps its settings when you power it off...some of the 2801's tend to not hold the sub-trim settings when powered off and thats why some use a rudder to throttle mix instead of sub-trim...
Nov 29, 2011, 07:20 AM
I tried using subtrim, and it starts ok, but by the time the battery is done, I have to hold right rudder to keep it straight. I don't know what to do.... Is there someone out there that has dealt with this using their 2801tx that can show me the settings (I feel like a dolt!) I'm wondering if I replaced the tail rotor with the one from my CB100 if that would be better, but somehow, I don't think that would help.
Nov 29, 2011, 08:00 AM
I've used the progmix to do it, see the photos. The curve is 0 for the first point, -9 for the rest - you may have to fiddle with the actual value a bit. This is the same method as the post above, but on the 2801.

There's a description of what this actually does somewhere in the main genius thread. If you want to confirm the effect, set it to 'SW: GEAR', so you can enable/disable it with the gear switch. Just make sure your throttle is at 0 when you turn on the receiver.
Nov 29, 2011, 10:17 AM
Now i got it!
Thanks
Nov 29, 2011, 12:36 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
is the 10A-LT ESC programmable?
Nov 29, 2011, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
is the 10A-LT ESC programmable?
No non of the walkera ESC are programmable.

Regards David
Nov 29, 2011, 02:23 PM
QuAd FaNaTiC
that sucks

thanks

Mine has a weird start up.

It beep and heli initalizes as it should, BUT when I move throttle imput, the motor doesnt start; esc beeps, I then move throttle to lowest setting and then its fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraser
No non of the walkera ESC are programmable.

Regards David
Nov 29, 2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razors edge 29
that sucks

thanks

Mine has a weird start up.

It beep and heli initalizes as it should, BUT when I move throttle imput, the motor doesnt start; esc beeps, I then move throttle to lowest setting and then its fine.
Mine is the same. I have to use throttle first to initialize it and hear the beep. After the beep it's fine.

To be clear, it beeps when I plug in the battery. Then it beeps again when I use the throttle, and finally it fires up. It's been like that since I installed it. I figured it was normal. I'm used to it now. I bind the heli, I give a quick throttle input, back to 0% throttle, wait for the beep, and off I go.

Best,
Chris
Nov 29, 2011, 02:55 PM
Heli collector
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine
Mine is the same. I have to use throttle first to initialize it and hear the beep. After the beep it's fine.

To be clear, it beeps when I plug in the battery. Then it beeps when I use the throttle, and finally it fires up. It's been like that since I installed it. I figures it was normal. I'm used to it now. I bind the heli, I give a quick throttle input, back to 0% throttle, wait for the beep, and off I go.

Best,
Chris
I hate you guys that can still hear beeps...

Quick Reply