Oct 21, 2011, 01:07 AM
Registered Addict
.......Any clues ?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 21, 2011, 12:09 PM
Launch high, go long
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSelig
Yes, we are interested in DLG models for the sim (have none so far).
We have info on the DLG ELF and large MAXA directly from Vladimir's Model.
Do you have experience making 3D graphics models?
We've put some details of the model spec online here:
http://www.fsone.com/modelSpec.php
Ok ... back to that warbird for now.
It would be great to have a DLG in the FS One arsenal. The ELF would be a fun plane but not representative of what guys fly everyday. The Maxa is new (and expensive) and looks like an awesome TD plane. I'm more focused on electric powered gliders. I guess it would be easier to convert a sim glider to electric than a real world plane.

My 3D modeling has been on the mechanical design side using SolidWorks and a little Pro/E. I guess I would use Blender to design for FSOne however since its open source and free? Somewhat the same skillset with a different tool and mindset. I'll read thru the guidelines you've indicated and after some serious flying with FSOne, I'll give modeling a plane a go. I've got my own planes I can use for measurements.

Mike
Oct 24, 2011, 04:52 PM
Crash=change of flying medium
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostVisual
My 3D modeling has been on the mechanical design side using SolidWorks and a little Pro/E. I guess I would use Blender to design for FSOne however since its open source and free?
Blender has such strikingly non-standard interface, that it's hard to use it even for people who are proficient with mechanical CAD systems. I'm pretty good with SolidWorks, but I had to go through tons of tutorials to even start doing anything in Blender, but I haven't gotten too far...

Boris
Last edited by bluesky123; Oct 24, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Nov 02, 2011, 12:08 AM
www.michaelselig.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris...
.......Any clues ?
Focke-Wulf Fw 190 ... almost there.
Latest blog entry: Tail Sitters free download
Nov 02, 2011, 11:57 PM
No conspiracy in theory
OK Mike,
I now posess FSOne V2......waiting for my new computer to be finished.
Do you think i'll have any problems running on a quad core 16gig memory with windows7 & two 10k rpm Hdd's? (vid card will be Nvidea with ?(max)? amount of memory onboard).
600 watt power supply will furnish the juice.
Operating system will be on master Hdd, FSOne on the slave.
Mike(also).
Nov 02, 2011, 11:58 PM
Registered Addict
Quote:
Focke-Wulf Fw 190 ... almost there.
Nice a new warbird cant wait
Nov 03, 2011, 12:21 AM
www.michaelselig.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by skorski
OK Mike,
I now posess FSOne V2......waiting for my new computer to be finished.
Do you think i'll have any problems running on a quad core 16gig memory with windows7 & two 10k rpm Hdd's? (vid card will be Nvidea with ?(max)? amount of memory onboard).
600 watt power supply will furnish the juice.
Operating system will be on master Hdd, FSOne on the slave.
Mike(also).
That's sounds like a really sweet system! Are those WD Raptor drives @ 10k rpm? I've been tempted to get a couple of those ... but I instead opt for 5-yr warranty WD "Black" drives (this approach comes after running through 6 failed Seagate drives in ~2 yrs, literally!).
Nov 03, 2011, 01:05 PM
No conspiracy in theory
Mike,
actually one of each!
Bigger one for slave.
Mike(also)
Nov 05, 2011, 05:50 PM
www.michaelselig.com

2.0.8 (r1026) - FW 190 A-8

Some updates here.

We've just uploaded the 2.0.8 update which includes the FW 190 A-8 (20% and 25% scale versions).

We've also added a rewind feature which is pretty cool.

The FW 190 has split flaps which makes the landings pretty neat -- slow w/ lots of drag. We did not include a bunch of mixing (the original did not have it!), so you'll see that when the gear is down there's some nose down pitch from the gear drag and when the split flaps go down there's pitch up from the lift. But with full 90-deg split flaps deployed, it settles into a nice landing approach.

The 25% scale is 102-in span = Giant Scale @ 36 lb similar to the Meister Scale model. The 20% scale is 79-in span w/ 17 lb and close to the Dave Platt model. This smaller one seems to be the more popular size (less $$$).
Nov 05, 2011, 08:21 PM
Nice plane that FW. Now if only it had a radial engine sound. There are more model radial engines on the market than ever. How about some sounds? (I never did like the sound of a single two stroke gasser.)

Thanks for the update. diceco
Nov 05, 2011, 09:49 PM
This thing flies great except for one thing - it feels like it has right rudder trim built right into the airframe. It's there with or without thrust, with or without gear and regardless of flap angle. I've recalibrated my transmitter and tested with other planes and they all fly straight so what's up?
Nov 05, 2011, 10:17 PM
www.michaelselig.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Jay
This thing flies great except for one thing - it feels like it has right rudder trim built right into the airframe. It's there with or without thrust, with or without gear and regardless of flap angle. I've recalibrated my transmitter and tested with other planes and they all fly straight so what's up?
Yes, something does seem quirky there. Good catch. Looking at it ...
Nov 05, 2011, 10:28 PM
www.michaelselig.com
Ok, figured it out and will make update soon.
Nov 05, 2011, 11:16 PM
www.michaelselig.com
Lee Jay, OK, if you download the update again and install (new exe), it fixes the problem. As you figured out, it was not related to thrust, gear or flaps ... but instead a goof now fixed. Thanks for calling this out!

ps The goof was equivalent to, yes, right rudder built into the airframe.
Nov 06, 2011, 09:45 AM
Quote:
Lee Jay, OK, if you download the update again and install (new exe), it fixes the problem. As you figured out, it was not related to thrust, gear or flaps ... but instead a goof now fixed. Thanks for calling this out!

ps The goof was equivalent to, yes, right rudder built into the airframe.
What service! Yep...flies good AND straight now. Thanks!

Quick Reply