Jul 06, 2011, 12:13 PM
Why didnt I think of that follow the link to a web site I dont use
to remove ads between posts
Jul 06, 2011, 12:31 PM
RC Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer
We have decided to start announcing things on Twitter its cross platform and fast.

So start following @OpenPilot
I don't use Twitter, but I follow this thread. I hope things will still get announced here.
Jul 06, 2011, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone.I unexpectedly received my CC board from Flyingwings.co.uk today.Seriously small board and very well made.
I had a bit of trouble getting it to work ,so i would like to share my mistakes.
Anyone want to hear the ramblings of a fool?
Jul 06, 2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulujvari
Hi everyone.I unexpectedly received my CC board from Flyingwings.co.uk today.Seriously small board and very well made.
I had a bit of trouble getting it to work ,so i would like to share my mistakes.
Anyone want to hear the ramblings of a fool?

Go ahead. There's plenty of people here willing to help. CC is my first control board and had very little trouble setting it up on a T-Copter. As well as here, the Open Pilot forums are very helpful.

Have you watched the setting up video here? ......

http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Do...ol+Board+Setup
Jul 06, 2011, 01:22 PM
Gaftopher
Yes things will be announced here as well, but not first and twitter is of course a push service so if you do use it, news will come to you.

Just trying to get as many ways working as possible.

The order as always for announces is

http://forums.openpilot.org/

Twitter

Then wherever else we remember to post it.
Jul 06, 2011, 01:44 PM
Well...................
These are the assumptions i wrongly made
Will work on my iMac
Will have latest firmware installed.

Only two,but they gave me several hours of grief.
The GCS for the mac i suspect will only work on a mac laptop ,so i used my mac in windows7 mode (dual booted) and had absolutely no trouble installing the GCS.It basically did it itself.No drivers no conflicts!Nice
The board ,once connected via usb,was recognised by the GCS and so i started the setup as described in the vid on Open pilot Wiki,but i could not convince the GCS that i had my Spektrum reciever attached!?
Many hours passed..................Eventually realised that i may not have the latest firmware, so i looked in the accompanying files that are installed with the GCS download.I loaded the bootloader then firmware(both labelled copter control within the folders) and finally had a recognised receiver..OH YEAH
Continued with setup,then flew.
Simples.
Note that initial P and i values are on the conservative side.Once cranked up though the copter is very stable in stable mode and very ratey(ok dynamic) in rate mode.
Very very nice board,very nice GCS ...Ramble over
Jul 06, 2011, 01:54 PM
Multi-Rotor Mad
I use a imac and have no problems installing GCS or setting up my board.

Quote:
Well...................
These are the assumptions i wrongly made
Will work on my iMac
Will have latest firmware installed.

Only two,but they gave me several hours of grief.
The GCS for the mac i suspect will only work on a mac laptop ,so i used my mac in windows7 mode (dual booted) and had absolutely no trouble installing the GCS.It basically did it itself.No drivers no conflicts!Nice
The board ,once connected via usb,was recognised by the GCS and so i started the setup as described in the vid on Open pilot Wiki,but i could not convince the GCS that i had my Spektrum reciever attached!?
Many hours passed..................Eventually realised that i may not have the latest firmware, so i looked in the accompanying files that are installed with the GCS download.I loaded the bootloader then firmware(both labelled copter control within the folders) and finally had a recognised receiver..OH YEAH
Continued with setup,then flew.
Simples.
Note that initial P and i values are on the conservative side.Once cranked up though the copter is very stable in stable mode and very ratey(ok dynamic) in rate mode.
Very very nice board,very nice GCS ...Ramble over
Jul 06, 2011, 01:59 PM
Could you elaborate on the problems with OSX?
Jul 06, 2011, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody124
Downloaded the latest dmg file and installed onto intel imac (about 2yrs old) with snowleopard and all updates.When trying to run i initially get "loading default settings" then it quits.
Subsequent tries just quits.
Tried on leopard with the same result
I emailed several times about this to your team but got no response
Jul 06, 2011, 02:29 PM
a.d.m.i.n
Quote:
Downloaded the latest dmg file and installed onto intel imac (about 2yrs old) with snowleopard and all updates.When trying to run i initially get "loading default settings" then it quits.
Subsequent tries just quits.
Tried on leopard with the same result
I emailed several times about this to your team but got no response
I think it's problem on your Mac PC.
Jul 06, 2011, 02:33 PM
Hello to everyone! One week ago i recieved a CC board from Oleg (OSWNT), special thanks him for quick shipping!
I have same problem with reciever(dint recognized in GSC), but i make mistake.
Mistake is - i didnt select 5 channel for switching flight mode, but when i select it problem is gone!
So, i need first read wiki!
Jul 06, 2011, 02:35 PM
Gaftopher
Who did you email Paul, did you post the issue on the forum or try on chat?
Jul 06, 2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptor
I think it's problem on your Mac PC.
My Mac has no problems How dare you insult mac awsomeness
Seriously though.The OS had just been installed and updated just for your software;So there should be no problems?!
Jul 06, 2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Mortimer
Who did you email Paul, did you post the issue on the forum or try on chat?
I used the email link on the openpilot website
Jul 06, 2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody124
I am downloading the dmg file now in order to generate a crash file if you are interested

Quick Reply