May 02, 2011, 12:28 AM
Got the Slickness

Pics of me with my UBER COOL 3DHS SHP

Check out the photoman and his UBER COOL 3DHS SHP
to remove ads between posts
May 02, 2011, 09:58 AM
Sniffing the glue

for sale

WANTED -looking for a good 3d electric 40ish" to 58" airplane for a co-worker. let me know what you got!!!
May 02, 2011, 10:35 AM
Got the Slickness
Quote:
Originally Posted by scamair
WANTED -looking for a good 3d electric 40ish" to 58" airplane for a co-worker. let me know what you got!!!
PM'd
May 02, 2011, 10:52 AM
aka JetMan Joe
I had a great weekend of flying, it was good putting a few more faces with the names. Thanks much DMan for the hand launch pointers at the 60 acre jungle grass field. It made the typical hassle a piece cake.

We all should try to get the red hats to pass a rule change. It your flying three feet in front of the box and 6" off the ground it's not classifed as hovering on the runway. We can call it the "FlopGun Exemption". Now I know the videos I've watched were real and not special effects. What a show!
May 02, 2011, 01:24 PM
Go Hawks!
Sorry to have missed some time with the fella's on Sunday. I bet it was some good buddy time at 60 and Marymoor.

Deanna and I went to Snohomish field along with Azhar and Steve L.
Brian was there as well flying his MX2-100cc.

Got two more flights on the Raven. Much more relaxed now and the engine is purring like a kitten now.

Cascade Family field (snoho) has such a long runway with no trees in the way.
Great field, except for some of the very very loud glow planes running straight pipe mufflers.
May 02, 2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclechris
The 60 Acres field was mowed again Thursday, so flying should be decent.
Bring you mud shoes just in case, it has been raining steadily tonight.
Don't forget to take off with your pants off! (wheels that is).

I also wanted to let you guys know that I'm selling my 42" AJ Slick.

Reciever ready - $200.00

The airframe alone sells new for $140.00, this is a great deal for a fully outfitted plane!

This plane has had a short lifespan. This is my second airframe, which I've only had for about 3-4 weeks and flown about 15-20 times at MARC.

This plane is a real nice flyer and good 3D machine, but I need to make room for bigger projects!

This plane runs on a 3 cell 1800 - 2200mah battery pack for 5-6 minutes of flight.

Here's the Specs:

BP 2814/8 1100kv motor
Hobbywing 40 amp ESC
Castle Creations 10 amp BEC (set to 6 volts)
(4) Hitec HS-65MG servos w/ 3DHS extra-long control arms installed
XOAR 13x4E propeller
Great Planes Red Nylon spinner w/ aluminum backplate

This plane comes with everything installed and ready to fly except for a receiver..

This also includes a brand-new spare set of wings and carbon fiber wing tube.

If any of you local guys are interested let me know.

-Chris

Here are some pictures:
[img]https://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz42/bicyclechris
/DSCN1674.jpg[/IMG]

Hi Chris, I'm interested on the Slick.
Do you have more pics?
May 02, 2011, 04:32 PM
Training to be a cage fighter.
I'll post some more pictures tonight.
-Chris
May 02, 2011, 10:50 PM

3DHS 42" AJ Slick Update

Ok, I wanted to let you know that I've advertised this plane on the NWEF.org website as well as here on RCGroups.
I've had a very busy weekend and haven't fully checked up on my listings for this plane until now.

Click here to view my NWEF.org thread.

Based on the time stamps, here is the order of succession for the 42" Slick:

#1 Dreamer (NWEF.org) - May 01 6:26pm

#2 rdjay (NWEF.org) - May 2 7:41am

#3 airmanthesixth (RC Groups) - May 02 11:39am

If the person on the top of the list backs out, I'll contact the next person in line.

Otherwise, I'll let you know when the plane is sold.

Thanks!
-Chris

Here are some more pictures as promised:

May 02, 2011, 11:14 PM
Ok Chris, sounds good.

Thanks for the pictures, and please let me know.
May 03, 2011, 01:44 AM
FYI, OKhobby has lied once again about their motor release dates, now they are saying mid-May!
I think that OKhobby is going in the toilet.
Customer frustration is turning into fury as they are ignoring other customers in their requests for status updates and refunds.
I think they are being overloaded and are not sure what to do.
Read about it here.
May 03, 2011, 02:47 AM
Ride Blue
Peoples own fault for ordering back ordered product, that thread has slowly gone down the toilet itself. People place $200 orders, don't get the product, and then place another order and somehow expect to get the product then? Come on..

I still stand behind the product itself, they've proven to be reliable motors. Would I order more if they had stuff in stock? Sure. Have I even considered to place orders for back-ordered product? Nope.
May 03, 2011, 10:25 AM
I'm not talking badly about their motors, but the crapppy way in which OKHobby has been conducting their business.
By the way, when will we get to see you fly a plane?
May 03, 2011, 10:52 AM
Go Hawks!
Lied is a word that should not be used when it comes to not being able to pinpoint a delivery time.

More appropriate to say they have been exceedingly over optimistic with regards to receiving the new shipments from the factory.

At this point, they should say to be determined, or unknown, or coming soon.

Jholen is right, some of the fella's in that thread ordered motors on backorder, then ordered some more.

Even though I really like the Infinite's and need to get a couple more, I am waiting for the product to actually come into stock.
May 03, 2011, 10:52 AM
Ride Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicyclechris
By the way, when will we get to see you fly a plane?
Haha.. this new work schedule is brutal on weekend flying.

Something has to change.. (either a new schedule or new job) - I'm pumped about getting back into it, but most likely going to be flying for now mostly on Wednesdays and Thursdays until something changes.
May 03, 2011, 11:02 AM
Go Hawks!
I'm off tomorrow and hope to fly the aeroworks out at marymoor.
the only sunny day of the week

Quick Reply