Nov 01, 2010, 12:14 AM
Latley I've been practicing actually flying inverted. I'll take it up 50 or so feet then nose it down till it goes inverted. I've got to the point where I can actually turn it and keep it inverted. It's very unstable though and my record is like 30 seconds before I have to flip it back over. I've also enjoyed takeing it up at dusk 150-200 feet and letting it just kinda ride the wind around my neighborhood. Although today I had it over the neighbors house and trees when the motor slid back out of the gearbox causeing the pinion and gear to loose it's mesh. Good thing this has a nice glide ratio! Second time I've had something happen to me while way up. First was a while ago when the motor mount poped off and cut the prop cut the motor wires in half.... That one was a little harder to glide back in seeing as how there was no motor weight up front anymore. And it was even lighter and got carried away by the wind easily.

Ah and I can't forgot to mention taking it up that high at night. Very fun and amusing to the neighbors!
to remove ads between posts
Mar 01, 2011, 03:12 PM
More Pixels!
Here's one I did last week. This is a stock Night Vapor with the wheels removed.

http://www.cs.southern.edu/jbeckett/hobby/Pendulum.wmv
Mar 08, 2011, 01:00 AM
Skill Seeker
I picked one of these up because my indoor helis were both broken and I needed an indoor flying fix.

I am amazed at the durability of the Night Vapor. It arrived with a small slit in the wing, but I taped it and have crashed it numerous times while trying to make circuits in my kitchen and den with no ill effects.

I am even more amazed at how much fun this thing is.

I've added 20-35%(depending on the battery 70, 130, or 160mah) "flaps" or up elevator with my DX6i, and a 10% down elevator to my gear switch for faster flight outdoors.

With the "flaps," I can run it around indoors, or "hover" it in a slight breeze, and with the 10% down elevator, I can buzz around in level flight outside.

I've even let my girlfriend take the controls as it is the first aircraft, besides a Syma 107, that she has had the confidence to fly.

The fact that it is lit has allowed me to fly it outside, far more than I would have otherwise been able to, as the winds tend to die down at night.
Mar 08, 2011, 05:18 PM
semper mitis
Mar 20, 2011, 09:25 AM
Just placed an order for the Night Vapor. What parts would you recommend having spares for?
Mar 20, 2011, 10:17 AM
Flick lives
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
Just placed an order for the Night Vapor. What parts would you recommend having spares for?

LOTS of lipos.

Mar 20, 2011, 07:26 PM
I have broken the back section from sitting on it () and the motor mount from actually crashing to much.
Mar 21, 2011, 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead
LOTS of lipos.

I've got that one covered.
Mar 21, 2011, 09:42 AM
Flick lives

Vapor flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG
I've got that one covered.
DaveG, good... You'll need them. But seriously, the Night Vapor is my favorite plane by far. Of the planes in my hangar, I've flown the most hours with it... mostly because I don't have to load up in the car and drive somewhere to fly it, and it flies at night when the winds are calm. I haven't crashed it seriously, but NOTHING has worn out and I haven't needed a single part! Read my description of Night Vapor flying from way back in August, here.
Mar 21, 2011, 04:40 PM
In the 20' glider range
propsss
Mar 22, 2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeHead
DaveG, good... You'll need them. But seriously, the Night Vapor is my favorite plane by far. Of the planes in my hangar, I've flown the most hours with it... mostly because I don't have to load up in the car and drive somewhere to fly it, and it flies at night when the winds are calm. I haven't crashed it seriously, but NOTHING has worn out and I haven't needed a single part! Read my description of Night Vapor flying from way back in August, here.
Thanks for the input. I'm thinking I'll get some in night flying and enjoy what you've mentioned. I've got a number of lipos from a Cessna and an mCX, which I've greatly enjoyed flying indoors, mainly at night. I've got the Tinybrightlights on the mCX. They really look cool. Look forward to some outdoor night flying with the Vapor. I did pick up some extra props and prop shafts.

The winds have been pretty high around during the day but have calmed down some at night. Pretty typical for the Spring. The summer nights around here are usually pretty calm.
Mar 28, 2011, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighjc
Would love to see if the Night Vapor will do inverted. I suspect no, think its a bit heavier than the Vapor, and even less stable. Ive been able to get it to loop (HARD, at least for me). Has to be the right conditions, otherwise the loop turns into a flop. Managed to get 4 of them the other night in the LHS parking lot.
Yep, it will do inverted... just finished a half dozen times in the local gym. Can't hold it for a long time though.

It will also do outside loops... just found that out when I tried it about 2 hours ago.

Next??... rolls?? Anyone know if it will roll?
Mar 28, 2011, 12:56 PM
In the 20' glider range
Messy rolls yes. need fresh battery. and max throws!!!
lol
Mar 29, 2011, 01:33 PM
How do you get a 3 channel to roll?

Quick Reply