Aug 20, 2019, 07:54 PM
Ok that's high enough
Thread OP
Discussion

Lacolle International 2019 Championship

OMG I'm sorry, I just realized I haven't started a thread for our Championship yet !

Here it is !

LACOLLE INTERNATIONAL 2019 CHAMPIONSHIP
August 31 - September 2  2019
6th annual MAAC sanctioned international electric soaring championship
ST-BERNARD-DE-LACOLLE, QUEBEC, CANADA

The largest sailplane competition in Canada. This is a three-day program counting for one ALES competitions and one 2-day F5J.

Registration and pilot roster, follow this link
http://www.flyesl.org/Contest.aspx?contestid=313

EVENTS

Saturday 9:00-4:30 Lacolle International F5J day 1
Sunday 9:00-2:30 Lacolle International F5J day 2 
Monday 10:30-4:30 Lacolle International ALES

The Lacolle International F5J is sanctioned by the ESL and F5J Canada. The Lacolle International ALES is sanctionned by the ALES League.

RULES

F5J will be by the F5J Canada competition rules, that is, allowing emergency motor restarts (which earns 0 points for the round). Weather permitting, the F5J competition will be run as single 2-day competition. With 16 or more competitors, we will schedule 3 rounds of flyoffs with 30% of the highest ranking pilots during the preliminaries.

ALES will be by the AMA rules for event 463, except that altimeters and arrestor devices/skegs will not be permitted. The ALES launch height will be 200m or 150m, called by the CD one day prior to the competition and will remain fixed throughout the day. Landing is measured against a 5 meters tape for 50 points.

REGISTRATION is strongly encouraged and limited to 48 tickets. Check-in is 30 minutes before each individual competition. Registrations by August 26 or earlier will get the buffet included with their registration, otherwise bring your own lunch.
Register here http://www.flyesl.org/Contest.aspx?contestid=313

Awards

F5J (2-day contest) 1st to 3rd place

ALES  1st to 3rd place

Lacolle International Grand Champion award for best combined score for the three days.

Directions
The street adress is:

150, Chemin de la Grande Ligne

St-Bernard-de-Lacolle, QC  Canada

Coordinates are 45 5′ 33 N  73 23′ 22 W  or 45.092582, -73.389316

Notes

Payment by PalPal is accepted, use http://paypal.me/fabiengagne

Note that 72 MHz transmitters are not allowed on this flying field.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 21, 2019, 05:24 AM
Team Canada F5J, Team Graupner
Fabien,

I'm in! Will only fly Saturday/Sunday- this work thing gets in the way on Monday

Jean
Aug 21, 2019, 06:02 AM
Ok that's high enough
Thread OP
Ok. You know that Monday is a holiday?
Aug 21, 2019, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabFlight
Ok. You know that Monday is a holiday?
Not when you're a consultant
Aug 21, 2019, 02:07 PM
Will attend. Should be fun.

Question: my Rx has integrated telemetry. Will it be okay to disable the Vario telemetry from the Tx?
I will still get battery pack telemetry. I'm aware to the regulations, just don't want to buy another receiver.

See you in two weeks. Looking forward to meeting fellow pilots form Canada and the US.
Aug 21, 2019, 02:20 PM
Ok that's high enough
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by F5j_Guy
Will attend. Should be fun.

Question: my Rx has integrated telemetry. Will it be okay to disable the Vario telemetry from the Tx?
I will still get battery pack telemetry. I'm aware to the regulations, just don't want to buy another receiver.

See you in two weeks. Looking forward to meeting fellow pilots form Canada and the US.
Great to see you in. Make sure you register http://www.flyesl.org/Contest.aspx?contestid=313 so I can plan the lunch.

No problem as long as you do not use the announcements/beeps/vario tones.
Aug 21, 2019, 02:39 PM
I'm in and looking forward to it!
Aug 21, 2019, 09:53 PM
Fabien, I'll be there with my regular 12 to 20 yearly practice flight under the belt! See you there!

Stephane
Aug 22, 2019, 03:37 PM
Ok that's high enough
Thread OP
David and Steph, great. You both kick ass
Aug 25, 2019, 04:48 AM
Hello Fab,

I will be there as well!

Ciao,
Luca
Aug 25, 2019, 10:57 AM
Ok that's high enough
Thread OP
Great !

We're just 6 days away, we could use a few more pilots.
The long range weather forecast is showing good weather all around : moderate winds, crisp nights and moderate day temperatures.
Aug 29, 2019, 10:01 AM
Ok that's high enough
Thread OP
Very nice weather is forecasted, we are all GO.

The turf has been well watered yesterday with 20 mm of rain. It will be in perfect condition too.
Moderates winds Saturday, low to no wind Sunday and low winds Monday.

Everyone is welcome to try the field Friday but beware that crazy winds are expected all day Friday.

I have lunches for everyone who registed before this Tuesday. Let me know if you have special needs or allergies.
Aug 29, 2019, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FabFlight
Very nice weather is forecasted, we are all GO.

The turf has been well watered yesterday with 20 mm of rain. It will be in perfect condition too.
Moderates winds Saturday, low to no wind Sunday and low winds Monday.

Everyone is welcome to try the field Friday but beware that crazy winds are expected all day Friday.

I have lunches for everyone who registed before this Tuesday. Let me know if you have special needs or allergies.
The forecast looks great. See you Saturday morning.

David
Aug 30, 2019, 07:47 PM
Ok that's high enough
Thread OP
I should be at the field early Saturday. I think some are already there camping.

The expected wind direction is West.
Aug 31, 2019, 03:26 AM
Packing up now - ETA 0830 at the field. See you all there!

Quick Reply