This thread is privately moderated by Coyote64, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 19, 2011, 12:10 PM
Praying for better weather
Thread OP
Discussion

Dragon OSD Diagrams

Heres a few examples of Dragon OSD wiring diagrams. The first two below are of how to wire up the OSD for 5v and 12v components. These show how to configure the sheilding and placement of filters for interference free flying, minimal wiring and easiest installation:

System A :

Wiring diagram for basic 12v system using GPS and Current Sensor For a Delta wing airframe

12v Camera
12v VTX
DOSD seperate from current sensor
LC Filter

System B

This is a Multiplex twinstar diagram.

12v Camera with step up regulator, 12v Vtx, IMU stabilization, 2x Aileron, elevator throttle and rudder control. TRLS UHF system

System C

This is a general system, using two servo output although a third can be plugged in. OSD Throttle control, 5v Camera and VTX

These next system diagrams are simplified to just show sheilded cable runs and LC filter placements depending on flight pack sizes and equipment voltages

System 1 : 12v Standard system

12v Camera
12v VTX
DOSD seperate from the current sensor.
It has a LC Filter incorperated.
All equipment is after the current sensor so a true mah reading is displayed

System 2 - 12v step up system

12v Camera
12v VTX
DOSD seperate from the current sensor
LC Filter
Powered off the balance plug
Step up transformer used for constant 12 volt supply under load

System 3 - 4S 14.8v Supplied 12v regulated system
12v Camera
12v VTX
DOSD seperate from the current sensor
LC Filter
LM7812 regulates the 4S supply to 12v

Last edited by Coyote64; Feb 19, 2011 at 02:12 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2014, 06:32 PM

DOSD and sn555

Hi. I'm having troubles with connecting SN 555 to DOSD. I have the video but only when I start not from the first pin. Weird. If I follow the instructions no video. Any idea????

Quick Reply