Originally Posted by BermudaTriangle
Well I guess I will ask the standard questions:
- Can the fan be easily removed?
- Can the stock fan and esc be run on 4S?
- Is there enough room for retracts?
- How tough is the intake? Can it be flown without the landing gear?
- How hard would it be to modify the canards to be fully functional?
By the way, it does look gorgeous.
I am actually in the testing phases in running the aircraft on a 4s. No information as of yet. As for retracts, they sure come small enough and if you want to wrench on it, where there us a will there is a way!
Intake is foam with a lexan type outer shell. If you choose to hand launch it, the way she feels on thrust, it can be done if you can throw her hard enough. Much flare and belly land would be fine. Have not tried removing the fan as of yet. As for the canards, with the size of this EDF, I don't see any benefits on functional canards. However, servos are TINY now-a-days so it can be done.