Thread: Discussion Amateur Ds Junkies
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2008, 10:16 PM
Find More Posts by quadshot
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Yeah James that is exactly where I am talking about by the power boxes. I was wondering about the other side with a SW, since summer time last year is when Mark and I spent alot of time up there where the wind had a lot of south in it. It's such a great setup but foam does not seem to fly well up there. We found only thermally ships were the funnest. Throw off at where you park get height at the first peak go over to peak 2 and get higher venture off to thermal the field out front or head across the the big hill to your left and climb to way up top of that hill (Marks Mtn), back to the foam bowl and all voer the place from there. It was alot of fun with the wind being so light at the coast last summer.

But we continually struggled with our foam and composite ships. The only place I got a little consistency with my foam ships was up at the foam bowl which is how it got its name. But still nothing real epic. It was a shame because we would get some really good wind where foam should fly but it just didn't have the bite to stay up.

I think you have had the same experience.

Lets keep our eyes open
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot