Thread: Discussion Amateur Ds Junkies
View Single Post
Old Jun 16, 2008, 12:41 AM
Find More Posts by quadshot
Joined Apr 2007
584 Posts
Well I chose not to DS today. I was planning just flying a couple hours this morning at my local spot (Dave's Beach), and then watch the US Open. Got to Dave's around 10 am and did not leave until sunset tonight. Great day at the beach, but still not the same anymore like yesterday DSing all day.

I actually was doing my last Weasel flight, and thinking it would be neat if I could hook my new bungee up to something when I looked over to the right and there was the perfect chunk of cement sticking up right on the edge of the cliff. The rest of the day was set bungee heaven with the weasel and the moth. Then one of the guys Dave broke into his little parts box and we hooked his Scrappy up with a hook. It lauched great. Then he rigged the rest of his planes and it just turned into a Bungeefest.

Anyway, I know this does not have anything directly to do with DSing. But I learned a lot about bungeeing, which was super cool to do yesterday at Poway when the frontside lift was weak and I was just bungeeing my weasel up into the perfect dive in spot every time. So anyway, I can't wait until September when we get our east winds to try and bungee and ds the frontside of the cliff at the beach! Actually, Mr Roberts idea that I have heard him mention a couple times before.

Anyone try to do this? Bungee and ds a spot that does not have a frontside lift zone (i.e. a slope site when the wind is going the other way). I bet Wr. Mizzard probably has video all ready of him doing just that :O)

Chris
Longer posts than Mr. Predetor!
quadshot is offline Find More Posts by quadshot