View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:08 AM
Find More Posts by The Predator
The Predator
Golden, Colorado
Joined Dec 2004
3,565 Posts
Rock on Homies!
I always LOVED the simpler cheaper side of this hobby mated with DS. Wacky planes doing cool and sometimes silly stuff.
Loved the PSS DS vid Wister Misard! Saw a Mig do that too once, WAY cool/SUREAL!
And many others, THANK-YOU Ameturs. Excellent IDEA. Now I have a place post!

Here's my BEST advice, find cheap performance ships, like JOe's wild wing, a Bee, or whatever can take a beating, then come back and KEEP you grinning some more! Huge BANG for the buck, next to NO break/heart break. The weasel seems to be a good one too from recent reports.
The speed thing IS AWESOME but, being new, being on a buget, and NOT living next to a WR site make this endevor is limited for me though extremely exciting fun & dangerous. . . .
I've never flown/seen a TRUE WR site myself, I think we may have one site that MIGHT be WR about <10 days a year since access is VERY limited to it due to snow.

I do not fly in a circle that much either. No Need, I've seen 110MPH LOTS and lots of times, the best our sites deliver consistantly. Watching a wing going 100MPH knife edge so low the wing tip is actually below bush top level come SCREAMING up the hill while rolling inverted to CHOP the bush tops off at the lip proper. . . and then see the ship just KEEP screaming along as the clippings come fluttering back to earth is EPIC! I had that happen recently and, I was tickled pink! I exploded that ship an hr. later going WAY TOO FAST on an early down wind turn/entry into cliff face. I think our site was delivering higher speed that day then is usual. It costed me about $35 and 4 hrs to replace the WHOLE build and one shattered servo. It was SOOO worth it! That is the life I hope for with my ships, a blaze of AWESOME glory! and little stress once it finds the ground. If you can perfect cheap easy quick perfomance builds of WHATEVER you'll be DSing to your heart's content and not chillen in front of the build table wondering what the DS homies are up to! and broke!
If you have money to burn on your beloved hobby, THAT'S a different story! Go BIG!
Either way, early on, with common diggers, get something that comes back for MORE just to make the most of ANY good day till you can sort of DECIDE when you want insane flight/crashing happening or NOT. Then fancy cruchie. I never grew out of the "crashing" phase and I only DS foamies. May have a bit to do with vast rock feilds for LZs too?
The Predator is offline Find More Posts by The Predator