View Single Post
Old Jun 06, 2008, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by CorsairJock
Parchment, MI, U.S.A.
Joined Oct 2004
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrN79
................. I'm curious to see what the APC 4 blade 14.5 x 11 will give you for power?
Mark
Well, I stated what my expectations were in an earlier post, but if you would like to see for yourself, go to this web-site:

http://brantuas.com/ezcalc/dma1.asp

A few 'flies in the ointment' so to speak concerning my motor installation (which is now completed):
New holes need to be drilled in the firewall in order to mount the Atlas AMM500, and the supplied 4mm blind nuts will need to be installed. The new holes will be close enough to the already installed blind nuts so that the old ones will need to be removed. Top Flite didn't make this any too easy: the blind nuts are epoxied in, making them difficult to remove without damaging the firewall. With a small clamp I managed to remove the bottom 2 without having to resort to a hammer. With the top 2: I had no other choice. Eventually, I prevailed, and then had to tackle the task of drilling the new holes. A 90 deg drill would have come in handy, but I don't have one, so after drilling pilot holes with twist bits, I had to turn by hand the 13/64" bit to reach the final size. I lot of work, and time consuming. In all, I spent about 2 hours removing the blinds nuts, drilling the new holes, installing the new blind nuts, and installing the motor mount with motor.
CorsairJock is offline Find More Posts by CorsairJock
Last edited by CorsairJock; Jul 16, 2009 at 02:38 PM.