Thread: New Product E-flite Taylorcraft 450
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2008, 10:32 AM
Find More Posts by cfossa
Stow, MA
Joined Mar 2002
1,052 Posts
Guru,

What kind of field are you flying off? It doesn't take much in the way of grass or small divets to damage landing gear. Saw a 30% edge (glow) at our club land in the "tall" grass the other day ... slow as a parkflyer landing ... and the gear tore clean off.

Repair the gear and get her flying again! You only need the wheels on the ground.

Carl

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_guru
Hi All, I maidened my Taylorcraft today. I am used to confortably flying my other planes, including the Mini-Pulse that I took the gear out to put in this one, at half throttle. This Taylorcraft needed 3/4 or more to get around the field. If you are on the fence on power system I would try the 480 instaed of the 450 I used. It rolls surprisingly well. Did not try a loop. I got three good flights in and had her trimed out well. The plane balanced perfect with my 2100mah battery. On the fourth flight I had a bit of wind gust on landing, not a hard landing by any means, and the gear ripped right off. My Mini-Pulse was tender in this area also. I will fix her after I get some matching covering, but this is the last eflite balsa plane I will buy, at least until they learn to design better. Shame on eflite. Does anyone have a recomendation on what would be a good high wing plane to get to put my gear in?
cfossa is offline Find More Posts by cfossa