Trader Rating: 139
Dave North
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined Apr 2004
5,254 Posts
Trader Rating: 139
Sold
14-turn 25awg dLRK Hex "Blue Wonder" 24-gram Outrunner $24 Shipped

Less than a dollar a gram, since the teeth overate their wire salad and the weight went up to 26 grams on my scale. Here's my stock blurb: "Very strong and efficient with a GWS 8040 HD & 3S battery, but hush quiet and smooth. Hand wound dLRK version of the "Blue Wonder" available from United Hobbies using 14 turns of 25awg wire in Wye termination -- better in every way than the stock build." Guess I was feeling like a magazine hack at the moment, but stroo 'nuff.

First test run showed 18 ounces thrust with a 460 MAH 3S battery. This struck me as a smidge odd, so I used the same battery again and made a second longer run:

Hex 14y 25g dLRK Raw Kv 1226 (14938/12.18) Io = 0.61
Hex 460 3S 8040 *D:
9892 rpm @ 10.9v/7.16a 499 grams 17.6 oz/thrust 78.9% Efficient

Okay, so it's a fairly strong one. And one lousy tenth of a percent shy of 79% system efficiency. Argh! So it's a little more used than usual, having been tested twice. Rather than giving a price break, though, I'm raising the price a dollar to compensate for increased costs and labor. And to be greedy; if I'm going to catch Bill Gates, I'll have to charge a little bit more.

$24 takes it. Free shipping is via USPS First Class Mail in the USA. Paypal only, and -->NO ECHECKS<-- please. PM for paypal address.

If your offer is accepted, you have 24 hours from the pm of paypal address to pay or the item will be relisted.

CANADA: If you're in Canada and Real Nice (but who there isn't?) I might also ship under compelling circumstances, but it does require filling out forms and waiting in line and stuff like that (which I Do Not Like) and does cost a bit more. On the other hand I love Canada, so quite often sentiment wins out over good sense.
timocharis is offline Find More Posts by timocharis
Last edited by timocharis; May 24, 2008 at 08:35 PM.