View Single Post
Old Apr 06, 2008, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by Wingman65
Build, Fly, Crash..Repeat
St. Peters, Mo. USA
Joined Mar 2005
975 Posts
36" & 54" Lightning maiden flights

Finally got a chance to fly the Lightnings and everything went excellent. Weather was great w/ 10-20mph wind which had no serious effect on the wings.

54'": Only flew one 10 min flight but it flew great, very stable w/ only minor trim needed. Thrust angle was dead on (pure luck), I was a little concerned it would be a problem with outrunner setup. This is a very stable fying plane but a little underpowered on my setup: JGF 500T on 3s4200 and 7x5 prop. I think a mega 5-turn or ARC 2turn may be better for this plane. Very good glide characteristics, would make an awsome sloper, as I could get it way up and then glide around forever.

36": OH YEAH BABY! This is going to be a favorite very quickly. This sucker flew great, just needed a pinch of trim and minor thrust angle tweak(down about 1/8 inch) then it flew dead on an very fast. I changed my drivetrain for maiden to Mega 3-turn on 3s4200 with 5.25x4.75 prop. Auw on this setup was 32.5 oz and it was an awsome flier, very fast an very maneuverable, very sensitive to too much input and flies very stable at slower speeds. I really liked the way this Ritewing flies, very fun, fast and stable even on windy day

Ritewings kick ars and the man always delivers what he advertises.

Tony
Wingman65 is offline Find More Posts by Wingman65