: Build Log
View Single Post
Mar 23, 2008
, 05:24 PM
I'm a Registered User
Joined Dec 2006
Continued from above...
View all Images in thread
For strength, I cutout a notch for the wing to slide into. Location isn't overly critical, but I set it back far enough so that of it lands nose down, the prop won't hit the ground.
Here's our wings glued on. Do your best to make sure they're straight to keep trimming at a minumum.
Yay for paint! I paint the whole thing grey, then used 1/2" masking tape to mask off for the black on the solar panels. I don't get to in depth, I want to make sure it flys first :)
Here's where I put the servos. As usual, I used straightened jumbo paperclips for control linkages. I use the links to decide how far forward I can get the servos. For CG reasons, you want them as far forward as you can get them.
Here's how it looks with the motor installed. I'm using a GWS 8x6SF for this one since it's not(yet) made for speed.
You can see the reciever hot glued in this pic, I also cut a pocket out to stuff all the extra wires in.
Here's the finished TIE, ready to hunt for some X-wings(insert Vader breathing sounds here)
Last edited by Bugman Jeff; Mar 23, 2008 at