Old Feb 21, 2008, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
18,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsueki
okay so im getting closer to ordering my tigermoth 400, however im trying to figure out what im going to need for it. what motor/esc/prop/battery do you guys suggest? i want to go brushless and im going to want a fair amount of power, i like the whole idea of only needing a few feet for a run way as far as batteries go right now i have a couple of 1300 mah lonng max 25c packs (yeah they probably arnt 25c) but im thinking about ordering a couple of the 2000 mah packs, i was thinking about ordering my stuff from hobby city but im open to all suggestions

thanks guys
Since you're looking at Hobby City as source, Turnigy 2213-22 and 18A Turnigy ESC is what I have in mine with 1300 mAH 3S lipos spinning an APC 10x5E prop. A GWS 10x6DD is also a good prop, but I needed a tiny bit more weight up front so went with the heavier APC. I gouged out the battery bay so the pack could slide almost to the firewall for proper balance.

Power is better than scale, but not unlimited vertical if that is what you are desiring. You could go to the slightly hotter Turnigy 2213-20 or even one of the 2217 longer stator models if you desire more get up and go (with the 25A Turnigy Plush ESC). I get about 15+ minutes of flight time depending on flying style with a new healthy pack.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank