View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2003, 08:59 AM
Find More Posts by mefly2
New York Mills, MN
Joined Jan 2002
647 Posts
Acer, are you building it at full plan size..37" WS? I'm also building one of these, I reduced the plans to about 3/4...makes about 27 1/2" WS.

I am also reducing the size of the wood...1/4" to 3/16". 1/16" sheet to 1/32", and so on. Ribs are staying 1/16" for strength, but I am doing away with the LE and wrapping 1/32" sheet from the top spar around the front to the bottom spar..should help reduce weight.

I sheeted the tail fin for strength also. Tail surfaces are 3/16"stick...haven't decided if I am going leave the cross braces out or not. Seem strong, but I probably should. So the weight of the airframe as seen in the pic is ~ 2 1/2 oz...hoping to keep the entire empty airframe under 4 oz. Wing needs sheeting and sanding, ailerons not done yet.

Your wing is looking great, should be an awesome little plane. When I reduced my plans before printing, I accidently put the scaling #'s wrong...came out with a plan with almost 50" span.. . Maybe I'll have to build a .60 size Taco... !

I should add that I am going to be setting mine up for the time being w/ a GWS 300C, and probably just a single aileron servo for now...funds are short... .
mefly2 is offline Find More Posts by mefly2