View Single Post
Old Apr 16, 2003, 12:36 AM
Find More Posts by BillM
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined Nov 2000
6,313 Posts
Mike

I know exactly how you feel. A friend of mine has had several planes over the last few years and I've had tha pleasure of flying in each of them. He started with a Piper Cherokee then moved up to a Piper Warrior. The warrior was a blast. Retractable gear,auto pilot and a bunch more power than the Cherokee.

But the biggest kick is his latest plane. It is a Beech Travelaire twin. I've had the pleasure of taking the yoke on that plane on occassion and its a hoot. The only problem with it is at the gas pump. I think it has two 75 gallon tanks--one in each wing. Need I say more?

One beautiful Sunday we were flying at 3500 ft around the field we fly R/C. I was in the right seat on the controls. I was looking out the window at the field below when my friend suddenly pulled back the power on one engine. An alarm sounded and I somehow managed to level the wings. I still don't recall what I did but it was the right thing. He put the power back up and the alarm shut off only to be replaced by his laughter. I didn't think it was funny at all. He said he wanted to show me the engine out capability of the plane. I think he wanted to scare the c- -p out of me. He did.

BM
BillM is offline Find More Posts by BillM