Old Feb 07, 2008, 06:55 PM
Find More Posts by spinnetti
SCCA, EAA, M.E.
USA, KY, Verona
Joined Nov 2001
3,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris F
I can't disagree with you about scale; you have to make some compromises to make a good flying model. I have had a go at scratch building but unfortunately I just don't have the time these days, that's why I decided to go the GWS route. EDF makes scale even more of a challenge that's for sure. There are definitely a lot of happy GWS flyers out there including myself
Depends on the plane-its incorrect to assume you can't both have a good flying airplane and at least a scale outline. Not like the GWS way off scale canopy made it fly better. GWS had a great opportunity to build a nice bird at no extra cost, but apparently put the "C" team on it... the 262 is a great example of looking "right" even though the motor nacelles can't be sized right and still work well. Their P40 also looks really nice. Besides, FSK has a beautiful scale 190 that flies excellent, and Alfas 190's are nearly as good and also fly great. Here's examples of great flying FW190s: The FSK, ALFA, a reference image and my almost complete, nearly full scale struts I'm making for my FW190. You can have it all with a bit of effort..... I'll probably get a GWS190 at some point and "fix it".
spinnetti is offline Find More Posts by spinnetti