View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2008, 01:04 PM
Find More Posts by nem3
Joined Mar 2002
263 Posts
Discussion
F22 Raptor Drawings - Update

WARNING - THESE ARE BETA PLANS.

If you intend to follow the plans I have released be warned this may result in a completely un-flyable model.

If you continue reading please understand three things going forward.

(1) There is a lot of useful info in this thread - Please Read It.
(2) I try to help as much as I can, but these plans are intended for seasoned EDF pilots. There are a lot of gaps that need filling, and you'll need to have the knowledge to do so.
(3) Finally. The plans are Free and not for redistribution or commercial manufacture. All I ask in return is photo's of your progress. (Hey, I love this jet too)

Just thought I would give you guys a little teaser to the plans I am working on. These are loosely based on the plans from Velociraptor that I used to make my single fan F22.

The goal here is to use twin fans, with the ability to use the thrust vectoring paddles like the full size jet. Power system will be the same MF480 / Mega 16/15/2 that I used in the other F22. But I will be using 3 Evolite 2100's instead of 2. I am also hoping that I can keep the weight under 1:1. I know I said that last time, but I now know what mistakes I made previously. And hopefully can avoid making them again. Also, incase your thinking that there are way to many bulkheads, I am with you on that. But I had to add more so I could visualize the shape better. I will be removing the ones that are truly not necessary. So without further delay, here are some screen caps for you to enjoy, ponder and comment on.
nem3 is offline Find More Posts by nem3
Last edited by nem3; Jan 16, 2012 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Clarity