View Single Post
Old Jan 01, 2008, 05:00 PM
Find More Posts by **neons**
5,200 Led Lighted Bike-Bob P.
USA, MA, Swansea
Joined Mar 2003
3,053 Posts
Hi Chris,
I know you are right about some of the FW-190 cofigurations are out of whack. Still, your plane in my eyes looks beautiful. Now if it was a contest for scale the beauty is only as deep as the skin. Measurements would be decisive. It is something that the average builder has to live with because it was molded into that model.
For me if I wanted truer scale I am a scratch builder and it would not be a problem for me to modify it. I would probably vacu-form my own canopy and nose cowling. I also think I could make a nice looking standoff scale FW-190-D with this GWS kit. I have a nice GWS ME-262 back someplace in this thread. I know that the nacelles are not proper on it but she still is a beauty in my eyes also. I would not like to have the scale engine nacelles on that plane because I would trade off the power output thrust to make it look real because the scale nacelles would be smaller diameter. I prefer to live with the larger kit nacelles because I will have a more powerful better flyer despite the unreal scale look. Now if I was in a contest build for scale I would be very fussy and go with scale look. GWS new what they were doing here. It is about widening sales and all around performance. They still all look good in flight.
**Neons** Bob
**neons** is offline Find More Posts by **neons**