View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2007, 07:27 PM
Find More Posts by VRflyer
Live FPV or Die
Montreal,Canada
Joined Feb 2002
4,051 Posts
very cool Damian
an r/c car is very cool to ride around and it's challenging to make, it's harder than a plane because it's smaller, and you must find a solution for backup, lightning etc.
you can add infrared lightning on your r/c car and drive it in total darkness, no one see the car, but you will have clear picture in the goggle or tv like standard illumination. To try infrared illumination, try first by pointing any tv remote directly in the lens of the r/c car camera, you will see it blimp in the goggle. beam the remote in front of the car on the wall, you should see the wall lightning (in the dark of course). You can buy infrared led alone at radio scrap or local electronic store, you plug them in series, they work at around 2.5 volt, so you plug 3 in series for 7.5V aprox.(positive with negative pins). you can install a lot.

My night vision car project:
http://pages.videotron.com/vrflyer/angnight.html
this webpage is old, I build this r/c car car 10 years ago. This car project lead me to flying r/c plane with camera and it evolve in the creation of this forum to help peoples create their own FPV project.
VRflyer is offline Find More Posts by VRflyer