View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2007, 02:02 AM
Find More Posts by Mark Harris
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Apr 2007
1,207 Posts
Gee, looks like i need to show you guys what a real truck looks like! I'm going to have to find a 40mhz radio for my LST2, since my friends and i use Spectrum's and Nomadios'. I guess i could try using airplane gear in it XD.

I'll see about getting some video in the next month or so. Gotta work out how to get the camera mounted to the rollbar securely, and the transmitter. Will need to sustain 100g's or so

See videos below:

RC @ BMX sweet jumps take 2 (6 min 3 sec)

only the first half is worth watching

RC @ BMX sweet jumps take 2 (6 min 3 sec)

Video's edited by my friend Glenn, camera work by myself and friend Nick.

I think the biggest problem is going to be combating dust on the lense, at this time if year you tend to generate MASSIVE clouds of dust and your car quickly becomes white. Gravel and such getting sprayed through the car may get to be a problem, i'm not sure the components on our OSD's could withstand the Gforces so i dont think we can put that in, the GPS would have a fit in any case lol.

Our cars are LST2's, heavily upgraded to be able to shrug off the abuse we give them. Engines in them are upgraded to the top of the line, all of us have modded engines for extra fuel efficiency and power. These 7-8kg trucks go 120km/h. 0-100km/h in about 2.5 seconds on grass - slower on gravel/roads because of massive wheel spin.
Mark Harris is offline Find More Posts by Mark Harris