View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2003, 01:17 AM
Find More Posts by I. Klemetti
Taken Lightly
Pietarsaari, Finland
Joined Mar 2003
333 Posts
Hi Lloyd,
the backgroud to my Cub is actually a Pico Stick. I thought Pico Stick would look better with a little more thicker fuselage. I took the motor and other equipment from my Pico Stick and designed a real looking airplane around them. The Cub is made of balsa and tissue. And to be able to fly indoors i added ailerons. Ailerons are coupled with rudder. Control wires are sewing thread (tent quality). Motor is from Pico Stick, I suppose it is called IPS or something. Battery is 2 x Li-Poly 1020 mAh. I can fly about one hour session with many landings and take-offs (they are the most fun part of fying this ship).
I also cried a bit when we got a mid-air with a depron-plane in 15 feet height. The models tangled together and fell to the ground. Damages: 5 broken balsa sticks plus a little torn paper. The Cub is in airworthy condition again. In the picture below, the cowling seems to be badly damaged. Actually it did't even get one single scratch. The cowling is held in place with a couple of rubber bands and the motor is attached to the cowling, not to the firewall.
I. Klemetti is offline Find More Posts by I. Klemetti
Last edited by I. Klemetti; Mar 31, 2003 at 01:20 AM.