Old Dec 03, 2007, 07:32 AM
Find More Posts by Tony65x55
I'm not flying backwards!
Oshawa, Canada
Joined Sep 2004
3,753 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimW
"Jim, I don't think the 1/4" spars will do it but I have some other techniques that will work. What is your wing chord?

Tony"

I'm thinking about 9in. centre 4ft. then tapering to 6in. next 2ft. at tip.

I'm open to suggestions as this is the first plane I have tried to design. I using the dimensions from an old 1974 book called Radio Control Soaring by Dave Hughes.

I don't mean to go off topic but I thought this was the best place to ask about KF wings. I have built your 33in. BluBaby (thanks for the plans) and liked the wing. I haven't got it trimmed right yet, I missed off the tip plates, perhaps that is the trouble, I think it is tip stalling.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jim
Jim, it can be done. I thought the best way to show you was in a diagram but I got a little carried away. I wasn't trying to design your wing for you but trying to show you spar layouts etc. If you like the design though, I can easily print out the parts listing (tiled or full). Per your spec, the wing comes out at 96" but can be easily increased to 100" if that's your wish. Should fly very nicely although if it were mine, I would increase the tip chord to 7"

RE: your BB. Add the tips, the KFm's like the tips. Theoretically, we think it keeps the vortex stable.

Tony
Tony65x55 is offline Find More Posts by Tony65x55