Old Nov 25, 2007, 10:26 AM
Find More Posts by Rare Bear
Isaiah 40:31
Joined Mar 2006
1,472 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpnguy
Rare,
I tried a Eflite Park 480 950KV, it will pull the plane but the climbs are not very impressive. So now I have an Eflite power 10 in the nose of mine. Pulls 37 amps with a 12x6 folder on the bench. Not alot of power in hotliner terms, but, I get unlimited vertical and impresses the onlookers. My plane came out very tail heavy, The outrunners just weren't enough weight up front and I hate to add dead weight to a plane, so I put 2 3S 2100mah packs in parallel. ( and I still needed ballast). I get lots of flight time and the packs never even get warm. The plane still thermals OK even with the weight of the extra battery
Thanks so much for the info, wpnguy - appreciate it. So, an Eflite 10 w/ (2) 2100mah batts? That sounds much more reasonable to me. As for the tail heavy aspect, is there any way to reduce this in the build phase, such as not including any ballast that may be a part of the initial build? I want to stick w/ 2100mah batts - (1, if possible) and as for a power plant, any Eflite motor isn't an issue in terms of cost - what about a 15? Let me know. Thanks!!

PS: What are your flight times like w/ the (2) 2100mah batts?

God bless - "Rare"
Rare Bear is offline Find More Posts by Rare Bear