Thread: Download Index 2
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2007, 11:39 AM
Find More Posts by Aio_1
Ireland, Kildare, Leixlip
Joined May 2002
6,441 Posts
Looks good Hex!

Are you going to round off the wing and tail tips or go with the "chamfer" look?

The gear you're planning to use will work fine but it is just a little heavy and would probably suit a slightly larger version better. Still,if you can manage 131g I think it will fly well.
The motor you're using is double the weight of the MacroRex used in the two prototypes, so you may want to plan for the RX, servos and cells to be further back than mine to get the CG correct. The CG on the plan is just a starting position. I haven't decided exactly where I like it best yet but that's a good starting point and you can tweak it from there for your own preferences.

I've cut out the depron for another Index 2 this time scaled up to 810mm. I'm planning to paint and assemble it tonight and put the radio and motor in tomorrow morning. I'm going flying tomorrow afternoon and hope to have it finished, if I'm lucky.
This one is going to get the following:

15g Hacker A10-15s motor
7g Hacker X-5 ESC
5g SD100 servos (Dymond 4.7 by another name)
4.5g Robot birds 4ch RX (Corona 4ch by another name?)
21g Flightpower Evo-Lite 2s 350mAh

I'm aiming for 135g AUW.
I'll post the larger plan when I get the chance and perhaps some pictures of the newest plane.

I look forward to seeing how you get on with the Index Hex and I hope you like the performance! Best of luck with the rest of the build.

Aidan

Aidan
Aio_1 is offline Find More Posts by Aio_1