View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2001, 02:10 AM
Find More Posts by sppeart
Bakersfield, CA
Joined Jun 2000
166 Posts
Hi.

I was bitten by the R/C airplane bug in the winter of '87. My wife and I were driving by a flying field (it's all houses and apartments, now) and decided to stop and take a look. After talking to some of the guys there, I decided that I wanted a plane. I had some modeling experience and was eager to get started, so they recommended I get a trainer. So, I picked up a .40-sized balsa plane called the Aerostar. I spent a couple weeks building it, took it out to the field, and had a very experienced flyer teach me to fly. I learned pretty quick, but I would have never had a chance without a teacher. I got cocky once, flew too close to the ground inverted, panicked, pulled back on the stick and drove it straight into the ground. I rebuilt it, and it flew even better the next time. Anyway, I flew it for about a year after, then started to concentrate more on raising my babies than on playing with my toys. Fast forward to last year...found this website, got interested in electric flight, built a T-52, and viola! - back again. Now I have a completely built Soarstar that I can't fly because the esc is bad. (Sorry about the long post).

Still have my Aerostar, but I can't bring myself to go through the hassle of getting the old slimer back in the air.

Stephen
sppeart is offline Find More Posts by sppeart