View Single Post
Old Nov 09, 2007, 02:27 PM
nsg is offline
nsg
Find More Posts by nsg
nsg
Registered User
Yardley, PA
Joined Sep 2006
4,227 Posts
The build was reasonably close to stock. The major differences :
- Use of Gorilla glue where epoxy was recommended
- I used full sleeves for aileron rods. I did not bend the rods; just pressed them into the grooves, put in some Gorilla glue and covered by masking tape to keep the Gorilla foam from getting all over the wing.
- I set up tail servos before gluing the fuselage together. That made it a lot easier.
- I used Coverite Microlite (a British product, sold by Tower Hobbies) to cover the model. I didn't do too good a job - this was my first experiment with coverite on foam. I'm very pleased with the results. It added quite a bit of tensile strength to the foam at the cost of app. 15 g. total.
nsg is offline Find More Posts by nsg
Reply With Quote