View Single Post
Old Nov 05, 2007, 12:09 PM
Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
5,059 Posts
Build Log
Art Tech F4-U Corsair ARF Warbird...Video test flight reports added!

I took receipt of my new Corsair from Hobby City today,it arrived in very good condition directly from China,very well packed.

I took all the parts out,and thought I'd share a prelimanary look with you all,so you can see what you get/are getting into.

I like the scale outline of this model,the reason pretty much which made me decide to buy one.

The finish is 'okay' is the best description I can offer,about 7/10 marks,but am,all the same,happy with that.
A couple of minor issues, the pilot seat is doing it's own thing in there,and one aileron looks a little off the level, but both can be easily remedied.

To get this how I want it, I need to open up the battery compasrtment to take a 3s 2100,and I am not too sure about the motor,so might possibly be upgrading that too, but I'll try it first.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the model for the money,it looks good and is pretty big at 39" wingspan.

I won't be using the undercarriage at all,plus I probably will use a 2 blade prop rather than the(very nice looking) 3 blader supplied -well,two 3 bladers supplied actually!

I'd like to have got this unpainted,but might at some point,following testing in the air,sand and repaint,although the supplied finish is passable for now.

I won't be bothering with retracts at all, it will be a belly flopper,I'm sure it will look great in the sky!

Initial impressions? I'm pleased with my purchase.

I was going to weigh it,but wifey has 'mislaid' my scales...
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton
Last edited by Matt Halton; Feb 18, 2008 at 04:56 PM.