Old Oct 17, 2007, 07:46 PM
Find More Posts by Mark Wood
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
27,244 Posts
Yippee!
Mark officially becomes a RiteWing Slacker

I pull up to the house after work and what do I see on the front porch? (Don'tcha just LOVE porch pics?) BOSS!!! My TL50!!!!!

I have had the distinct pleasure of hangin' with the Head Slacker at SouthWest E-vents. Those of you that have been to these know what I speak of. (Tim G, Joekoz, PaulVi, termite and others.) Earlier this year we got together at Mid-Winter Electrics and the Arizona Electric Fest and yours truly got flight checked on one of Chris's TL50s and even got some sticktime on the SkyVac. It was decided that it was a moral imperative for me to have one of Chris's creations. A deal was struck and this is the result.

Those of you that have had Chris build you one of his beauties know what I now have in my possession and you also know that the wait was well worth it. This wing is plain badass. It's not the firebreathing monster that some of you slackers fly but to me this is the top of the heap in my hangar. It'll run the classic TL50 power system...Neu 1110/2y, Castle Creations Phoenix 80 ESC, 4s NeuEnergy 4900s spinning an APC 6x4 sport prop and linked via XPS 2.4Ghz to my Futaba 9C. I'm setting up the receiver with a smallish 3 or 4 cell lipo to a Hyperion UBEC which will provide a good, stable source of power with minimum weight.

All in all, I'm tickled pink and Chris packed this thing to the point that even UPS's gorillas hardly creased the outside much less the plane itself. Cripes. It took me fifteen minutes to get it out of its coccoon. Chris even included his flight and build CDs which will undoubtedly be on the 'puter screen this evening. Now to get her finished, balanced and in the air. I hope the "residents" at the gazebo appreciate a little noisy fun.

Thanks, Chris and I'm sure looking forward to next year's fly-ins!!

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood