View Single Post
Old Sep 12, 2001, 01:32 AM
TTT
Find More Posts by TTT
TTT
Toowoomba Qld Aust
Joined Jan 2001
74 Posts
I was lucky a guy at the Uni where I work was into electrics. The only time I had spare was in lunch hour. So we would wander onto an nearby cricket field with my Nora and not disturb anyone. With the help of a buddy box I was in the air. I progressed steadily till I soloed. This wasn't even 12 months ago.
Then came a Trick RC Razor then a 2M Glider then a LitestiK and an mini IFO indoors in a 3 basketball court stadium.
If it wasn't for the virtually silent operation of electric(with exception of Razor) I wouldn't have had the time on weekends to get into R/C.
Since I was a kid I wanted to get involved. After I started working I bought a 40 sized slimmer then started to do the club thing. But saw my buddy put his plane nose first from about a 100 feet, kinda lost a bit of interest then discovered water sking. Discovered chicks like water skiing not intersted in R/C thus plane went into storage. That was 17 years ago...

All I can say is there is no beating an Instructor and a buddy box even with those we had a few incidents so if you are on your own it must be real tough

Terry
TTT is offline Find More Posts by TTT