Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:12 PM
Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATIS
define "barn burner"... I am looking for 30-45 mph on level... but I do want good vertical... just to be safe... I guess 10x6 is the prop since I am belly floppin...time to keep the weight down as well... that always helps.
ATIS, do you already have the stock outrunner? If so, try it... you can also change later. If you don't have it, I wouldn't get it. There are other motors in the same price range with better output. For example, I have the United Hobbies "Hacker-style" KDA20-20L outrunner in mine. With a GWS 10x6 DD 2-bladed prop and my 1350 mAH 15C 3S lipo, I pull 13.5A at 11.2V with 7920 rpm as measured with my Emeter. Compare that with Kensp's numbers for the GWS outrunner with same prop. And their new equivalent Turnigy outrunner of theirs appears to be even better based on early tests.

You can refer back to my post #690 to see how my plane performed on the maiden flight (unpainted) with my power system. The GWS outrunner would give you something less for the same $ investment, but would give you that long threaded shaft the stock spinner is designed for.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Oct 11, 2007 at 11:22 PM.