I've been busy with my new WH. This one was NIB for some time, but I just had to let her breath. I glassed the whole airframe, added pin hinges, and painted it. I used 3/4oz cloth and polyacrylic for the glassing. I then used high-vis decal sheet to make the stripes. I don't know for sure how much weight it added because my digital scale doesn't work these larger planes. Not shown here is the rudder extension I added later that is so needed on this plane. I think eventually I'll make a rudder from balsa sheet and finish it like the rest of the plane.
I maidened her on Saturday and all went well. Things I noticed:
1. flys much faster due to heavier wing loading. Need a little more throttle to keep it up, but not much.
2. VERY stiff wings. Tight loops and high-G pulls didn't flex the wings at all! This makes it a tighter flying plane and not quite as forgiving as the mushy flex I get with my older (non-glassed) WH.
3. Handles wind better and lands a little hotter. Again, due to higher wing loading.
4. Finished foam looks soooo much nicer.
Here you can see the high-viz tape stand out.