View Single Post
Old Oct 09, 2007, 06:14 AM
Find More Posts by GWS CHEN
Taipei, Taiwan
Joined Oct 2005
4,764 Posts
Roger,

At least Paxxxx has not been applied by most e-Bay members in Taiwan. It'd be one of the good payment systems, but may not be as better as credit card or S.W.I.F.T. Making money transfer thru banks via SWIFT has been the safest way so far for protecting your privacy and informations, but you have to pay your bank more $$$ extra for their commission and charges which would probably be a waste of your order. Paying by your credit card would be cheaper and much easier though you're worrying about something important.

Would you let me know why using another payment systems can be safer, and how they protect your informations, and if their protections really work for users. I'm afraid that signing an agreement on line could not protect yourself practically when needed. If you really care about that I'd like to recommend you using SWIFT instead. It's been accepted by most banks worldwide as the safest way for remitting money internationally.

Kensp has suggested on another thread using a second credit card or a debit card for online deals only. It's a great idea, and you could ask the card issuing bank to limit the drawing amount on each deal for better protection.

Chen
GWS CHEN is offline Find More Posts by GWS CHEN