Old Oct 04, 2007, 08:36 PM
Find More Posts by pac ace
pray for our troops
Farmington Hills, MI
Joined Jul 2005
959 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 800mZero
Ok I'll agree with you --but what do you put a value on your time??? Guarantee its going to take you a lot longer than a few hours to get your t-craft in the air.

I'm willing to pay the extra few dolloars to have a kit very much complete for me.
I think you're missing the point of why such models are built. They are not built to be put up in the air at the first opportunity you have to fly but for the sheer fun of building something unique and developing a skill beyond doing spot landings or aerobatic maneuvers.

I understand that it will take more than a few hours to build my Comet T-craft as it has taken several hours already. I have other planes to fly so I don't feel that I need to rush out to the field with this one tomorrow. I'm looking forward to not only fly this plane but to designing how the motor and equipment will be mounted, kit bashing it to make the wing removable and chosing the color of the covering and the graphics. There is a lot to like about building a kit for those with the patience. For those who would rather have something that's just nice to fly that has not taken any effort to build then E-flite has some great choices and the T-craft should be one of them.

Rob
pac ace is offline Find More Posts by pac ace
Last edited by pac ace; Oct 04, 2007 at 08:41 PM.