View Single Post
Old Oct 02, 2007, 08:54 PM
Find More Posts by Jeremy Sebens
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Aug 2005
639 Posts
Build Log
3D Hobby Shop 55" Katana LIVE Build Log

In one of my phone conversations with Ben at 3DHobbyShop, while we were discussing some more wacky power system thoughts, he managed to twist my arm and convince me to take early delivery of my 55" Katana. I decided to take one for the team, and will be presenting a detailed build thread here. There's no manual as a result of the early delivery, so this thread may differ from the manual a bit.

Power is going to be a CSRC prototype system, and it will be a bit on the wild side - more on that later!
EDIT: Here are the items I'm going to be running in the power system:
Prototype CSRC E60
CSRC Z-80HV ESC
CSRC XBEC
9S 1P CSRC 2100mAh (3 3S packs in series)
APC 15X4E
More details on page 3.

This will be a "live" build thread - I'll be working through the night, and will post photos and comments as each step gets completed. So toss some popcorn in the microwave, hit the subscribe button, and stay up as long as you can. I expect this will involve some burning of the midnight oil, but that's become a sort of ritual with me for any new plane anyway.

As usual, the plane arrived triple boxed, and everything came through just fine. As with all of my UPS shipments lately, it looked as though it had been through a coal mine, but it didn't appear to have been mishandled or stomped upon.

Anyway, let's start things off with a couple of kit pictures:
Jeremy Sebens is offline Find More Posts by Jeremy Sebens
Last edited by Jeremy Sebens; Oct 03, 2007 at 12:53 PM.