View Single Post
Old Sep 05, 2001, 07:58 AM
Find More Posts by Dereck
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Greg - the graphics. On the CAP, mostly Econokote, some MoneyKote. The 4* is a mix of a Micafilm base with Micafilm and some sticky stuff trim. The 4* is showing her age (and the after effects of attacking a pole!) some now.

Can't make NEAT - too much stuff on at home from now to end of year. Would be fun though ...

Bob - funnily enough, I never flew anything that big when I did oilburning! All my slimers were 25 powered and around 40 - 48" span, as were my early electric sports models. Seeing Keith Shaw fly "persuaded" me to move up some. When one of those two big ones takes off, the problems and fuss of a 20 cell bird all seem trivial. Now, I don't tell folk I fly electrics - tell them I fly aerobatic sports models that don't cause noise problems.

The plan!

It's in final re-draw. Even by my standards, Putz-E #1 has too many bits of wood However, the important areas are all right, so it will be in EFI sometime early next year (editor permitting ) The next one will have some markings - honest.

Thanks for the kind comments. After three years with kits, it feels good to have designed a flying machine once again.

Regards

Dereck
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck