Thread: Discussion Beagle pup electrified!
View Single Post
Old Sep 28, 2007, 10:39 AM
Find More Posts by canadagoose
Sparwood, BC
Joined Dec 2003
191 Posts
Discussion
Beagle pup electrified!

After flying airplanes with glow engines for the past 18 years, i decided to try and power a little plane that i had started building 9 years ago that was originally intended for a cox .074 with an electric power system. I decided to do this after watching some other little electric planes fly at a float fly i usually go to, i was just sooo impressed with them. I have since flown mine and am absolutely loving it. No mess, very quiet, i can almost fly this little plane anywhere, i would say flight times are at least twice as long as it would be with a small glow engine. I built my plane from RCM plans of the Beagle pup that i modified a little. 35" span, don't know how much it weighs but could have been built lighter, power is from a $10 2410-12 outrunner swinging a 8x4 prop hooked up to a 18A speed control and 1050mah 3 cell lipo. Here's some pics. I'm now really hooked on electric flight after seeing this plane fly, this thing flies easily at 1/2-2/3 throttle.
I like this little plane so much that i have drawn up my own CAD plans for the Beagle Pup that are more scale including building ailerons and with a flaps option as well. I know a light little electric doesn't really need flaps but what the heck. I think my plan will make for a better plane for the electric stuff.
I just need to have my plans printed and the parts laser cut to build this new one.
some pics below
canadagoose is offline Find More Posts by canadagoose